• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changing Strut Rods

DanDokken

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Hello
I scored qa1 strut rods for my 65 Coronet. Car is stripped for paint so no motor or fenders. Control arm is on bump stop, can struts be changed without touching torsion bars or control arms? I am GM guy and Mopar’s new to me, sorry if a stupid question

Thanks as always

Dan

IMG_2288.jpeg

IMG_2287.jpeg

No. Everything needs to slide back in order to get them in and out.

Could he cut them out, but not sure if qa's can then be installed since they are different design.

From what I see the car could use a complete front end rebuild if the strut rod bushing is any indication.

Stripped for paint... So drop the suspension & K member... Rebuild the suspension & Powder coat the K member... BTW I love spending other peoples money... But Honestly it looks like a full suspension rebuild really is needed...

Given the OPs name, I hope he isn’t Breaking the chains around him.
(I’m curious who will get that one)

JCC was a Boy George fan and he insults Dokken ???

6D365060-CECA-43ED-A14E-D9386DF634DA.jpeg

D5ADFA1D-D34F-46E1-A7CB-55C28DE3DBA3.jpeg

What about Freddie Mercury, Rob Halford, Elton, Menudo, Little Richard, Liberace, Barry Manilow, and I always wondered about Scot Weiland.
And to be clear, I only "insulted" the video.:fool:

None of the above do much for me.
But I think NY got a good answer.

1712577675009.png

I just removed and reinstalled the strut rods on an e-body which is just like your car. I had to remove the lower control arms to remove and reinstall the strut rods. At that point, I just replaced ball joints (boots were cracked), tie rod ends, UCA bushings, torsion bar pivots, etc. I thought I could reinstall the strut rods with the LCAs in place but it was a no go, so I had to remove them again. Thankfully, I'll never have to do it again on this e-body.
Terry W.

Drvr Brakes Strg 1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back