• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger headlight single motor swap

B1gkountry

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Here is the link to my latest attempt at simplifying the headlight rotation on my 67 charger.

I have the 2 way switch
20200425_081936.jpg
20200425_081936.jpg
20200425_082012.jpg
where the headlight override switch is. They do not open when you turn the lights on, but it's not that hard to pull it out when they are open.

I did have to cut a small piece out of the center not even the size of a quarter so the shaft would be in line. I made a Z bracket to hold the motor. And drilled a few holes to mount it. I used 3/16 rod and welded a few
20200425_081951.jpg
old sockets to the ends connecting to the headlight buckets with the regular roll pins. I need 2 more 3/16 rod couplers, but was able to make it work with some crap I found in the "drawer". Let me know what y'all think 20200425_081958.jpg

I have some questions for you if you could please maybe message me?

Here is the link to my latest attempt at simplifying the headlight rotation on my 67 charger.

I have the 2 way switch View attachment 941561 View attachment 941561 View attachment 941563 where the headlight override switch is. They do not open when you turn the lights on, but it's not that hard to pull it out when they are open.

I did have to cut a small piece out of the center not even the size of a quarter so the shaft would be in line. I made a Z bracket to hold the motor. And drilled a few holes to mount it. I used 3/16 rod and welded a fewView attachment 941568 old sockets to the ends connecting to the headlight buckets with the regular roll pins. I need 2 more 3/16 rod couplers, but was able to make it work with some crap I found in the "drawer". Let me know what y'all think View attachment 941562

I have some questions for you if you could please maybe message me?

What is the exact motor you ordered and how did you get the lights to spin and stop in the right spot with limit switches or did you use a different method?
If you’ve already answered this I apologize, I’m just trying to put together a gift for my husband and I figured I’d go to the best place I knew to.

I ordered a small 12 v dual post electric motor from Amazon. I wired it straight to a bi directional switch that is spring loaded(so it returns to center). And directly to the battery. Email me at [email protected] and I can send you more info. For some reason,. I can't PM and they don't want us to out our numbers here for texting. Thanks. Ed

Screenshot_20201230-115335.png

I ordered a small 12 v dual post electric motor from Amazon. I wired it straight to a bi directional switch that is spring loaded(so it returns to center). And directly to the battery. Email me at [email protected] and I can send you more info. For some reason,. I can't PM and they don't want us to out our numbers here for texting. Thanks. Ed

View attachment 1047657

Emailed!!

Auto Transport Service
Back