• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger inter changable parts

AK_Militia

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Hey so im having a hard time finding parts for my 73 charger need a left fender, trunk lid, and 2 rear quarter patch panels, and 2 R/T front bucket seats. I am wondering/ Assuming that the parts from 71-74 are all inter changable, but would like some more information before i start buying these things. Also if anyone xould recomend a good mopar body parts/ interior website that would be awsome. Thanks guys.

Hey so im having a hard time finding parts for my 73 charger need a left fender, trunk lid, and 2 rear quarter patch panels, and 2 R/T front bucket seats. I am wondering/ Assuming that the parts from 71-74 are all inter changable, but would like some more information before i start buying these things. Also if anyone xould recomend a good mopar body parts/ interior website that would be awsome. Thanks guys.

I know the rears and trunk lid are not interchangeable with the 71-72, the front fender im not sure on though. On the 73-74 they have a curve at the end slightly if i remember correct.

73 and 74 are the same fenders and deck 74 only lock assy is different.

72 fender will work but has different wheel arch, not to mention one year only and much harder to find. 71 is same dimensions as 72, but marker is different and much higher demand.

AMD does NOT make a patch. Goodmark/Sherman makes a lower half quarter patch. The lines are good but it is thinner metal.

Tabco is supposed to be the bomb on the quarter patch for these cars, but I haven't personally seen one.

Buckets from any 70-77 B body will work but there are subtle technical differences.
A body buckets from 70-76 will also work.
Tracks from all above will also work but there are a couple different heights.
I'm 6'3, so I like the lowest ones possible, which IIRC are the 71-74 B tracks.

I have a suspicion that 71-74 bench tracks might work, seeing as how the bucket tracks-
A: are interchangeable left to right, and B: have no lock and release cable for the inboard track, like earlier years. When I get a chance I'll verify.

Tabco panels are the way to go if money is not an option.....goodmarks are cool but are what I call a trim to fit and are a couple gauges thinner....heard that Roseville had some lower patches I'll check my binder and see who all makes em still....YY1 is right on the fit and finish of the panels and seats and on the B buckets.....they didn't make a specific R/T bucket that I know of......they had some wild finish's in the interior...SE had crazy patterns and color combo's and the ralley options were pretty smooth as single tones or 2 tones from my experience....needs seats?

73 and 74 are the same fenders and deck 74 only lock assy is different.

72 fender will work but has different wheel arch, not to mention one year only and much harder to find. 71 is same dimensions as 72, but marker is different and much higher demand.

AMD does NOT make a patch. Goodmark/Sherman makes a lower half quarter patch. The lines are good but it is thinner metal.

Tabco is supposed to be the bomb on the quarter patch for these cars, but I haven't personally seen one.

Buckets from any 70-77 B body will work but there are subtle technical differences.
A body buckets from 70-76 will also work.
Tracks from all above will also work but there are a couple different heights.
I'm 6'3, so I like the lowest ones possible, which IIRC are the 71-74 B tracks.

I have a suspicion that 71-74 bench tracks might work, seeing as how the bucket tracks-
A: are interchangeable left to right, and B: have no lock and release cable for the inboard track, like earlier years. When I get a chance I'll verify.

I have a order in with tabco but i they didnt have the fender patches, i dont really want to by an entire fnder if i could even find one. Also Sherman has plenty of parts but they are all challenger parts...ok? Thank guys helped a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back