• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chassis number

JohnR

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi, need help finding the chassis number on my 74 Satellite cheers.

Hello John,
Could you be more specific please? Not sure what you mean by chassis number. Are you looking for the chassis/body stampings that match your VIN and fender tag?
Thanks,
Scott.

Hi weatherman,
Sorry mate yes that is what i meant the stamp with id numbers that is found on the chassis.

Thanks that helped i have found the vin number on the dash my problem is in Australia i have an engineer asking me for a chassis number, so would i be right in telling him that the last 7 digits of the vin number are the numbers he needs?, makes perfect sence to me.

Not sure about the 74 but my 72 road runner they are on the upper inside of the radiator support, between the support and the radiator, and the other is under the hood, on the cowl just above the wiper motor. Should show the last 6 digits, and sometimes hard to read with more than one coat of paint on it.
The cowl # is slightly harder to locate, as it can sometimes be under the rubber seal.

I have found a number in the trunk under the rear deck (774T 20) does anyone know if this would be my chassis number, cheers.

John, as tommy said, the number should be on the radiator support or under the cowl seal, this is where they are on my 73 Roadrunner. Also note, they are not as deeply stamped as the other numbers that are stamped around the car, so sometimes hard to read. Here is an example, my last 6 on the radiator support I had to illuminate with a flash light to get them to stand out enough to read, and turns out, they are also stamped upside down.

DSC04580small.jpg

Now, on the cowl, under where the seal goes, its even harder to read, but I marked where it is located, you cant see it in the picture, but its there, and also marked what appears to be a part number, not really sure if that's what it is.

DSC04578small.jpg

Hope this helps!!!

Using your picture, the green circle is where my vin is located, and somewhat distorted because its imprinted over the ridge.
Makes me wonder how the numbers were stamped.

Attachments

• DSC04578small.jpg
    DSC04578small.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 93
Auto Transport Service
Back