• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap dependable car

I used to work at Nissan back in the day, and I got my brother hooked on maximas..a 97, 01, then the 03 he still has. They put the new 3.5 in last year of that body, kind of a unicorn. Of course with that kind of power, you have to take it to the track :D
Ended up running a string of 14.70s....bone stock

I'll be honest and say my favorite bodystyle Maxima is the ones from 89-94. One reason I liked them is they 4 wheel independent suspension. You could also get a digital dash in them and HUD on certain trims/years. In 1995 is when they went to the solid beam axle in the back. 2002 was the first year for the 3.5 in them. They have their own issues and when Nissan got cheaper with the car as a whole. The 2000-2001 would have the older 3.0L V6 in them. I like the wheels and rear lights better those years especially on the SE model. Just for reference the 3.5L V6 comes from the same family that powers the 350Z/G35 (aka Nissan Skyline) those years.

I’ve got a guy who works for me, he’s got a 99 Tacoma. 320,000 miles on it, looks like it, he’s pretty hard on it. Just maintenance stuff done to it. I actually got him a new front bumper Facia etc. for Christmas, it’s bad. We’ll get it on one of these weekends when we both have time. He loves that little truck. It’s not like he can’t afford a new one, he’s shooting for 500,000 miles, just because.

Auto Transport Service
Back