• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check this out !!

I don't remember what chassis you could use under a Jamaican, but being a front motor v8 kit car was MUCH more appealing than the vw kits.
I'd still like to have a Jamaican.
Edit: if that thing has a fiero chassis under it, it's begging for a 455 Olds toronado, or caddy Northstar swap.

I remember seeing Bricklins around, back in the day. They were never common, but they were there. All the ones I remember were high impact kind of colours; I’m pretty sure that’s all that you could get. Yellow, sort of a butterscotch, and lime green. There may have been others but those are what I remember.
They aren’t as striking looking as say, a Ferrari or GT-40, but to me they hold a special significance as a modern Canadian car. Back when they were more common most of the ones that I saw for sale were in the CAN$15k range.

I think there were quite a few red Bricklins. That is what I remember seeing the most. Unfortunately they faded quickly.

Growing up in the suburbs of Rochester, NY, there were many Bricklins in the area, due to our proximity to Canada.

Last edited:
I agree that the more power the better. Porsche power would be best, although a WRX STi driveline might work pretty neat too!

There is one on the internet somewhere (I saw it today), if I remember correctly it is a cranberry 1968 with a subaru 4 and turbo. It sounds mean !

I don't remember what chassis you could use under a Jamaican, but being a front motor v8 kit car was MUCH more appealing than the vw kits.
I'd still like to have a Jamaican.
Edit: if that thing has a fiero chassis under it, it's begging for a 455 Olds toronado, or caddy Northstar swap.

At the time of the Jamaican’s production, Fiberfab was based in Santa Clara, Calif. The company originally designed the Jamaican to use a VW Beetle, Triumph, MG, or Austin-Healy frame, although it eventually built its own chassis to accommodate a V8 engine. This example is fitted with the Fiberfab V8 frame.

A link to an article about the Subaru powered Aztec. It is a really well done car !

https://bangshift.com/general-news/...s-never-wrapped-something-sexy-1974-aztec-gt/

subie aztec.jpg

Sort of has a Sterling, Sebring, Nova, Cimbria (gull winged), Eagle SS,
Manta, all Kit Car vibe
Sterling kit cars, Fiberglass co. that built the bodies
IIRC were for sale in like 2017-ish

aside from the full/whole top opening on a Sterlings
& the wheel well shapes/cutouts are a tad different
many were VW or Porsche a lot of Corvair combos too
''an org. alum. lil' 215 Buick V8 (f-85 or Land Rover fame)
would be light & pretty cool'
in something that was rear engine

IIRC most were VW pans
sort of like the Dunebuggy craze
but these started about 1969 for the Sterlings IIRC
way into like 1989, going strong
then some other group bought them out
was building the bodies & body parts, until like 2016-ish

there was a TV show 'Hardcastle & MCCormick'
star car was a Sterling 'Manta Montage Coyote'
swoopy for it's era

interesting for sure

not much value if you ever go to sell

fun & light

Last edited:
I believe the OP car is a kelmark gt.

Maybe not, not enough haunch.

Yeah, the windshield in the mystery car is curved. It looks like a TR-6 windshield.

It actually looks like a Fiberfab Aztec with a Fiberfab Avenger rear section

Made an account just to let y'all know this vehicle is still there! Was there ever a consensus at to what it is?

20230517_101019.jpg

20230517_101031.jpg

Yes, it is a "Fiberfab Aztec"

Pretty cool kit car imo. This one has been sitting open to the elements and on very wet ground for a long time. Too bad

I actually seen yesterday a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO on I-64 right out of Beckley, WV. Man what an exotic car. The car that Pontiac GTO got it name from and also the idea for sail panels that the 66 models have that 68-70 Chargers have also. The Ferrari also had the locking gas caps also.

I'll take that fiero (5 speed, please), transplant a GNX spec turbo 3.8 and then add a Ferrari 308 body kit.

It's very hard to tell a good 308 kit from an original. Pontiac even made and sold their own...until they got sued.

Auto Transport Service
Back