• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choosing a color

chad

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Hey all.. I am building a 64 fury.. I am to the point of choosing a color.. I am a body man by trade and choosing a color has ALWAYS been a tough decision for me building cars.. the first 2 colors that I thought of were 1967 turbine bronze...then I was also thinking black.. anyone have any early b bodys done in turbine bronze.?

What's the original colour? We have a 66 Coronet Sedan that is YY1 Metallic Bronze, (faded and the white roof is not original but we like it) it will be staying that colour when it comes time for a repaint. I also have a 70 Charger in red oxide primer that was originally beige BL1, not sure I can do that but buying time while I do body and mechanical. I am also tempted to go black but there are a lot of black cars out there. Do what makes you happy, cheers.
IMG_4541.JPG

I’ve seen a few years newer b bodies in turbine bronze - think that color looks great.

I can tell you what I wouldn't paint it....black, white or red. I like the bronzes and coppers, but I think my favorite is a blue/gray.
Crucial question...what color is the interior?

This car is originally white with red interior.. they all seem to be black,white or red.

I can tell you what I wouldn't paint it....black, white or red. I like the bronzes and coppers, but I think my favorite is a blue/gray.
Crucial question...what color is the interior?
Interior will be what ever color I put in it lol.. itll be all new

my 64 Polara was originally a lighter shade of blue - agreed - they all seem to be black, white, or red... never been a fan of those colors - too common. I say go with bronze - it's bright and different to get attention.

80987_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

my 64 Polara was originally a lighter shade of blue - agreed - they all seem to be black, white, or red... never been a fan of those colors - too common. I say go with bronze - it's bright and different to get attention.

80987_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

That's a clean looking car and color.. all my cars end up black.. but this one HAS to be different... I have always liked the turbine bronze color.. I think it would be clean and really make the lines pop

So what style is the car going to lend itself to?
Stock/restored? Hot rod /muscle car? Prostreet/Protouring?
I think thats something to consider.

So what style is the car going to lend itself to?
Stock/restored? Hot rod /muscle car? Prostreet/Protouring?
I think thats something to consider.
Basically itll be all stock out side... but mini tubbed, 470 cubes. Modman intake 2x4 set up. 4spd ,Not sure on the wheels yet..

Basically itll be all stock out side... but mini tubbed, 470 cubes. Modman intake 2x4 set up. 4spd ,Not sure on the wheels yet..
Just my 2cents but black is my choice then, I like TB, just think it's better suited for restos.

I like the dark Blue with a white top.....

If your open to colors thru out then there's a silver Mercedes has that's absolutely beautiful. With the lines of that model the paint flop would be spectacular. Two tone gray leather with black stitch and piping/carpet would look sweet....
There's some cool candies and pearls if you want to take a walk on the wilder side.

You can have any color you want as long as it’s black...Henry Ford supposedly

The only way I ever found to pick the right color with confidence was big car shows and that's a wash this year!

The only way I ever found to pick the right color with confidence was big car shows and that's a wash this year!
That's where I get a ton of my ideas from is the car shows... and your right it's not a good year for it lol... that's where I am kinda stuck.. it's super hard to tell a true color on a cell phone of a computer

A
If your open to colors thru out then there's a silver Mercedes has that's absolutely beautiful. With the lines of that model the paint flop would be spectacular. Two tone gray leather with black stitch and piping/carpet would look sweet....
There's some cool candies and pearls if you want to take a walk on the wilder side.
I never thought of silver.. I do like silver

I took a panel I cut out for repair and sprayed out some colors I thought I wanted so I could check out in the sun light...it changed my mind...

20181202_115756.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back