• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choosing a color

The only three colors you see on the road, black , sliver/ grey/ charcoal, white... those are the most popular colors... so choose wisely... I used to work in building that was a tilt up and everything everywhere was grey... could have wrote a movie about lol

I chose my bracket car color from a new Cadillac that pulled into the Chevron station to fill-up back in 1974 "terra cotta firemist". It's always best to chose a color on a sample vehicle, not like I did one time from a paint chip in a reference book.

terra cota 1.jpg terra cota 2.jpg terra cota 3.jpg

Color of choice would be a dark green with a tan or white interior.

After searching and looking and going to my buddy's paint shop and doing a bunch of spray outs of about 8 colors.. I am going to go with the turbine bronze... not sure what color interior though.. itll be black or tan interior for sure.. the turbine bronze is a pretty classy looking color and not common.. I think itll make the lines of the car pop

I have a list of colors that i will never, ever do again on any of my cars, interior or exterior.
1. Black
2. Black
3. Black
4. Black

Last edited:
Impossible to keep black clean, even 5 seconds after a wash.
What is that color above in #24????? I had that years back but can not figure out what it is called!!!!

What is that color above in #24????? I had that years back but can not figure out what it is called!!!!
At one time I had two daily drivers and a collector car that were black, or partially black (black and silver/gray)
It took all day to wash, dry, and clean em, and by the time I finished the third, the first was dirty again. And a black vinyl interior in a hot climate is he'll on earth, and it was almost 120° here a couple days ago.
(I sure don't know the proper name for that color on the 64, but I would call it Champaign).

Chip Foose did that car on Overhaulin. Car is owned by Roger Webb. Not sure what exact colors they used but I bet the info could be found quickly in a search. I never really pictured a 64' in two tone until i saw that car, he nailed it.

I have a list of colors that i will never, ever do again on any of my cars, interior or exterior.
1. Black
2. Black
3. Black
4. Black

I am with 33 completely on this one, as I too have had my share of black cars and motorcycles . So, wouldn't you know it, my currant 73 project is a factory triple bk car. Somewhere in its past , a owner repainted the car in a semi or satin bk. This is the way I have looked at the car for over many years and it has kinda grown on me and thinking of keeping it this way. What y'all think...gonna hate it ?
As I have posted before, only one guy in high school intentionally drove a Mopar and NOBODY would be caught dead driving one of them homosexual colored Mopars. As I began to squirt a little paint years ago, black became my least favorite and I want COLOR. Its what drew me to Mopars, COLOR. The pinks, purples, loud greenes, oranges, lemons, geezzzzz, the lounder the better, wished I had one of each color......
As any woman will tell you, if you want to be the most unnoticed woman in the room, wear a brown dress. So it is with car colors. I know the puriest will hate me, but for me, the louder, the gaudier the car, the more I like it......to each his own.....

@bandit67 , in my humble opinion, thats a partial reason for the popularity of the 69 sixpack cars. They came out with four bright new colors, originally available only on A12s, and with the black hood, stripes, and vinyl roofs, stunning looking! The high impact colors carried over for a couple years, coincidentally the most desirable years for mopars!

More modern bronze. This GM Sunburst orange.
Doug
FB_IMG_1582899885696.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back