• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christine Movie - Remake

IMG_4560.gif

I have the original recorded, I’m gonna watch it this weekend.

From the "Critical Drinker" site-

Last edited:
Let's play "21st century re-imagined story lotto".

Will there be a gay character?
Bonus points- which one?
Will there be a mixed race couple?
Bonus points- will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was white but is now black?
Will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was formerly male but is now female?
Will they be gay?
Triple bonus points- will there be a character that was formerly a white male but is now a black female and is gay?
Laughed so hard almost hurt my self reading this.
I’m white and my wife is Asian. But why is every couple mixed race in a TV commercial lol.

And if they remake Tora Tora Tora, somehow it will be a peaceful attack and Americas fault!

So is Christine going to be a black lesbian Subaru Outback?

Hollywood has no originality anymore and their remakes suck.

Hollywood has no originality anymore and their remakes suck
If the Plymouth isn’t used MO, huge mistake. What a perfect choice it was. Those late 50’s mopars all looked to have a personality. Plymouth frown, Dodge smile…the ’59 Dodge was cool, if you looked at it in certain lighting, I’d swear it had one bad-*** evil grin.

All of the scenes using the Plymouth losing its mind are going to be CG, and supposedly, no real cars are going to meet an untimely death. As long as Arnie's buddy isn't driving a damned Tesla or other EV, or some such nonsense.

Last edited:
This isn’t new – news; but is to me catching an article on it. A remake of the 1983 flick has been in the works for a while now announced in June 2021. Likely delays with covid and the actor’s strike. I liked the movie, thought it was done well considering a limited budget. The camera work, special effects, music, and such I thought were thrilling. Actor’s Kevin Bacon and Brook Shields were early wants; but the budget was a problem and Bacon was into doing ‘Foot Loose’.

Go figure, Steven King didn’t like the movie. I gather too much away from his writing. Supposedly, the redo will have a larger budget and run closer to King’s story line. I find it interesting to remake this movie; but as it often goes, remakes or sequels doesn’t garner the magic of the first one. In any case, will look forward to seeing it. The original used 24 Plymouths 57-58’s, seems a higher hurdle to find them today, lol.
That was not Kevin Bacon, I forget the actor's name, but it was not Bacon. Btw those lunatics destroyed 22 1958 Belvedere's, and Savoys. I believe only two cars survived.

YY1 you left out LatinX, transexuals, homeless, fat, and mentally and or physically handicapped. I guess in the original the old guy wore a creepy back brace.
C'mon man you left out illegals, and the pronoun freaks.

That was not Kevin Bacon, I forget the actor's name, but it was not Bacon. Btw those lunatics destroyed 22 1958 Belvedere's, and Savoys. I believe only two cars survived.
He didn't say Kevin Bacon was in the movie. He auditioned for it, but turned it down to do Footloose.

I doubt they would remake the movie, but rather make a sequel. Don’t forget that Christine is cubed but certainly still alive as the final scene would suggest.

View attachment 1546910
When I saw the cube move a bit, my thought was for sure a sequel was going to happen....just didn't think it would be 40+ years later.

So is Christine going to be a black lesbian Subaru Outback?
:rofl:

When I saw the cube move a bit, my thought was for sure a sequel was going to happen
Yes. Would be reasonable to assume Christine could restore itself even cubed, lol. They needed to jam wooden stakes through its carburetors..

Yes. Would be reasonable to assume Christine could restore itself even cubed, lol. They needed to jam wooden stakes through its carburetors..
Or replace the engine with an LS1. Then, encase the original engine in concrete and bury it at Oak Island.
:lol:

Last edited:
When I saw the cube move a bit, my thought was for sure a sequel was going to happen....just didn't think it would be 40+ years later.

You'd think (I'd have thought, anyway) that well before forty years, that cube would have been melted down.

Now, instead of a remake, I'd rather see an episode of BattleBots where a disgruntled robot disagrees with the judges decision, and roams the streets at night looking for the judges homes to take its horrible revenge. A three part mini-series. :)

You'd think (I'd have thought, anyway) that well before forty years, that cube would have been melted down.

Now, instead of a remake, I'd rather see an episode of BattleBots where a disgruntled robot disagrees with the judges decision, and roams the streets at night looking for the judges homes to take its horrible revenge. A three part mini-series. :)

Back in ’84, a mopar guy looking for parts in the boneyard, came across the cube recognizing it as a 58 Plymouth, bought it for scrap price, and hauled it home. Rumor has it – its been sitting in his shed ever since. At midnight, Christine restores herself and cruises the country roads causing mysterious havoc then returns to the shed before dawn re-cubing herself. The now 85 year-old owner told the story; but nobody believes him thinking he’s suffering from dementia..

Auto Transport Service
Back