• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christine Movie - Remake

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
This isn’t new – news; but is to me catching an article on it. A remake of the 1983 flick has been in the works for a while now announced in June 2021. Likely delays with covid and the actor’s strike. I liked the movie, thought it was done well considering a limited budget. The camera work, special effects, music, and such I thought were thrilling. Actor’s Kevin Bacon and Brook Shields were early wants; but the budget was a problem and Bacon was into doing ‘Foot Loose’.

Go figure, Steven King didn’t like the movie. I gather too much away from his writing. Supposedly, the redo will have a larger budget and run closer to King’s story line. I find it interesting to remake this movie; but as it often goes, remakes or sequels doesn’t garner the magic of the first one. In any case, will look forward to seeing it. The original used 24 Plymouths 57-58’s, seems a higher hurdle to find them today, lol.

I'm not a fan of remakes. Give me the originals. Vanishing Point, The Longest Yard, Gone in 60 Seconds, 3:10 to Yuma, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Magnificent Seven are some that come to mind. Why remake Christine, too? It just shows that Hollywood can't come up with anything original that's as good, so they just keep recycling classics. My .02 cents.

Just think, in 40 years they'll remake the Fast and Furious franchise. The first one is already 22 years old. In November it will be 10 years since Paul Walker's death.

I kind of wish they wouldn't do the remake. Would love to have a Plymouth of the same vintage and body type as "Christine", but, like "General Lee's" the market has gone crazy and apparently will stay there as long as people are selling a "Christine" or a "General Lee". Doesn't seem to matter if it is off by a year or two, Savoy, Belvedere or Fury, two or four doors, they will reference Christine. The remake will likely reignite the interest in the car, which is good if you are a seller. Not so good if you are a potential buyer. Oh well. Loved the first movie, for the Fury and the 68 Charger.

I went and read the book after seeing the movie as I have done with many movies I have liked. And boy, this was one of those rare occasions where the movie was so much BETTER than the book, I thought. If the remake follows more of the book they going to have to work really hard to make it watchable.

Was it a skyline,?

Aside from any Clint Eastwood movies, Christine is my favorite! If they remake it sure I'll watch it but there is no way they can beat the original, That's just the way it is.

A remake without these two actors? Don't even bother. Accept no substitutes.

Will_Darnell (1).jpg
George_LeBay.jpg

Leave it alone.

By FAR, my favorite SK movie.

I honestly don't care for too much of his other stuff.

Nothing beats an original IME.
I'm typically not a fan of remakes myself, especially with Hollywood infused nonsense these days.
But the Dukes remake in '05? Seeing that Charger was enough for me to make an exception. But the story line kind of stunk IMO.

Let's play "21st century re-imagined story lotto".

Will there be a gay character?
Bonus points- which one?
Will there be a mixed race couple?
Bonus points- will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was white but is now black?
Will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was formerly male but is now female?
Will they be gay?
Triple bonus points- will there be a character that was formerly a white male but is now a black female and is gay?

So many rhetorical questions!

:lol:

Let's play "21st century re-imagined story lotto".

Will there be a gay character?
Bonus points- which one?
Will there be a mixed race couple?
Bonus points- will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was white but is now black?
Will they be gay?
Will there be a character that was formerly male but is now female?
Will they be gay?
Triple bonus points- will there be a character that was formerly a white male but is now a black female and is gay?
Those are really Gay questions.:lol:

I went to see the movie at a local theater in 1983. A bunch of us Mopar guys brought our girlfriends and our Chargers to the theater. We had no idea that there was a 68 Charger in the movie. When we saw the 68 Charger, you could say the crowd, meaning us went wild! Lol. We had Johnny's 66 Charger that had a 440 4 speed from a 67 GTX in it, My 68 383 Charger, Tony's 69 Charger 318,and my friend Dave's 70 Charger R/T 440 automatic car lined up in the theater parking lot. We all enjoyed the movie, we especially liked the concept of a Mopar that could fix itself! Lol

I'm not a fan of remakes. Give me the originals. Vanishing Point, The Longest Yard, Gone in 60 Seconds, 3:10 to Yuma, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Magnificent Seven are some that come to mind. Why remake Christine, too? It just shows that Hollywood can't come up with anything original that's as good, so they just keep recycling classics. My .02 cents.
I doubt they would remake the movie, but rather make a sequel. Don’t forget that Christine is cubed but certainly still alive as the final scene would suggest.

IMG_2590.png

YY1 you left out LatinX, transexuals, homeless, fat, and mentally and or physically handicapped. I guess in the original the old guy wore a creepy back brace.

Auto Transport Service
Back