• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome steel rims on an early B body

hemidart1

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a pic of an early B body with chrome steelies/reverse on the back.

any help would be great

This one has an owwie

100_2379.jpg

I like that look-maybe with stock steelies up front and cheater slicks on the back chrome ones.

back in the day a friend had a red '63 impala 409 4spd. chrome reverse in back and 5 spoke radairs up front. really looked neat. i like the chrome reverse look with spyders. some guys back then would pop small hub caps on the chrome wheels. in the early '60's they were popular on s/s cars.

If you get chrome wheels, don't get the "smoothies" They look like crap unless you have their little hubcaps. "Wheel Vintiqus" has chrome reverse with the centers that look like original wheels. Ford and Mopar has the same bolt pattern.......................MO

Another thing about the Wheel Vintiques , The circular "ring" that the hubcaps pop onto has the bumps for that purpose , like the stock type rims. I don't think the smoothie brand does.................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back