• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chromed police wheels?

northerndave

Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
Anybody ever seen it done?

I can't help but think maybe... it might look pretty good.

Never seen it, but would like to see some pictures.....I've been thinking about it myself

I've seen the rallye wheels in chrome before, i was a more curious about a cop wheel with chrome on it I guess. Thinking it could be pretty cool with a dog dish cap.

Chrome Cop Car Wheels

Went half the distance: Painted my Cop Car Wheels matching body color and had the "vented" hub caps chromed. Whadayathink???

Last edited:
Not a great pic but this is what I did on mine. I think a powder coated wheel would look good too. It's not quite as bright as chrome but still nice.....yeah, the weather had been pretty lousy....makes lousy paint look worse but it was a daily driver back then.
scan0005.jpg

Sweet Satellite ilm65.

Sorry Dave nobody is posting up chrome cop wheels but I just have to join in on the painted cop wheels.

IMG_0862.jpg

DSC08600.jpg

That is very sharp! I love the chromed vented cop caps.

god I'd love to see that on a chromed cop wheel.

how about this, whould the dog dish family of center caps such as this vented police style cap for a chromed OEM wheel? I know that folks like wheelvintiques does the chromed OEM and chrome reversed, smoothies etc.

A cap like your vented police style would put some definition on a plain chromed OEM... But I'd really like to see a chromed police style wheel.

There is a guy over on HAMB called wheelkid, seems to be a favorite or a go to guy for the non billit hot rod guys that want a certain look with the wheels.

maybe I'll check with him.

Chromed Cop Car Wheels

Let us know what you find out--and thanks for the nice comments. Bob L.

Dave
I called Keystone in the Twin Cities to see if they chrome steel wheels, they don't. They re chrome bumpers but wont chrome wheels.
I have an extra set of cop wheels if your interested.

Reed

I'm kind of undecided.

I have plenty of time to think about it as I have just spent the last $200 of my "budget" on an unexpected outer wheel house and a couple of rear crossmember extensions :grin:

I'll have to get downright political for the rest of my project fund.

(that means i will have to steal and lie)

lol!!
:grin:

I found them.

well...spill the beans..who makes um..how much....and we needs a picture of these

I called a few chrome shops in driving distance and they all said they would not chrome steel rims???

Last edited:
yep.

That's where I saw them.

I haven't been able to find a photo of a chrome one and no pricing on the website.

but you can order them like a custom pair of boots basically, width, backspacing etc.

Looks like you can get exactly the backspacing you want, which would be really cool.

It's just good to know you CAN get them in chrome if you want.

FYI, Stockton Wheels shut down operation earlier this week.

Yesterday, Frank Mauro Jr, owner of Stockton Wheels, killed himself.

They had started to get a really bad rep for sending out junk and not standing behind there product . Alot of there brand new magums would come in with the paint flaking off or soon would flake .

FYI, Stockton Wheels shut down operation earlier this week.

Yesterday, Frank Mauro Jr, owner of Stockton Wheels, killed himself.

They had started to get a really bad rep for sending out junk and not standing behind there product . Alot of there brand new magums would come in with the paint flaking off or soon would flake .

wow that sucks. Condolences to his family ....puts us back to square 1 on where to find chromed police wheels....

Auto Transport Service
Back