• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler 200 awd

68sprtsat383

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
My wife and I are considering buying a 2015 Chrysler 200 awd V6. It has 44300 miles on it. Dealer has it listed for around $17500. My question is have any of you guys owned or know someone who has. Is there any common issues I need to know about. I've been researching but haven't found anything that would make me not buy it. Our plan is to get it and give our son her 2013 Subaru legacy which has 165000 miles on it.

Wife had a 2015 200s V6 Fwd. Was a nice little car, and really would get up and go. The 9 speed auto can be a little awkward at times but its likley it learned her driving habits and when I got in it, it was what the f&*# is this? 130k and only a front wheel bearing before she traded it for her Charger.

I've read where there was alot of complaints about the 9spd transmissions in the 2015 models but not the 2016&17.

Maybe a challenger would be more fun. I'll get her to start looking at them

Can find it in the doggone snow as well...
20220705_145108.jpg

I've been looking at the Challengers and charger's. She loves the white ones with the black trim

Wifes GT Charger. They hold their value way more then the 200's so your going to pay a lot more.

IMG_2153.jpg

My wife and I are considering buying a 2015 Chrysler 200 awd V6. It has 44300 miles on it. Dealer has it listed for around $17500. My question is have any of you guys owned or know someone who has. Is there any common issues I need to know about. I've been researching but haven't found anything that would make me not buy it. Our plan is to get it and give our son her 2013 Subaru legacy which has 165000 miles on it.
I've owned several, as lake cars and run around town cars. 2009 Sebring, 2.5. 2012, 3.6. 2015, 3.6. I bought them new and only spent 23,000 for the 2015. I wouldn't give 17,000 for it. They all ran great and the 3.6 is a rocket for what it is!! The torque in the steering wheel is dangerous at WOT. I gave the 2015 to my daughter for work with a warning about both hands on the wheel if the hammer is dropped. The transmission on the 2015 felt a little busy to me. I didn't like it as much as the 2012, that thing was fun to drive!! Zero to 60 in just over 6 and great gas mileage. They all looked great, but no attention to detail and a ton of cheap plastic. The lock out in the shifter broke and had this cheap plastic hook on it that snap off. After the second one, I replaced it with a piece of wire, done.

Wife has a 2016 200s,
Althought its not AWD.
Its been a great car ( only has 70k miles on it now )
Her only complaint is she feels like the gas pedal is a lot farther away from her than the brake pedal is. And the knob/dial shifter takes some getting used to.
Ours is the 2.4 4cyl. And it will easily get low 30s for mpgs on trips

PS, back when I was a dealer tech. I worked on a few AWD cars. And none were AWD related issues.

I had to pull the engine oil pan on one, and THAT SUCKED . As the axle shaft goes thru said pan

Auto Transport Service
Back