• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Cordoba Headers for a Big Block that fit!

bschubarg

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I installed a set of Flowtech Full Length Headers in my '77 Cordoba with a 400 BB. I am posting this 'cause a lot of ppl ask... which headers are you running in that 'Doba...You will have to install a mini-starter as I did and by far the worse side to install is the Drivers side. You will have to raise that side of the block and simultaneously install the header and starter jointly. If you have a column shift... Then you will have to follow the directions on how to reverse the linkage. If you have a console.... you will have an easier time.

Flowtech Model 33130FLT.

Brand:
Flowtech
Manufacturer's Part Number:
33130FLT
Part Type:
Headers
Product Line:
Flowtech Headers
Summit Racing Part Number:
BIG-33130FLT
UPC:
Header Style:
Long tube
Header Material:
Steel
Header Finish:
Silver ceramic coated
Weld-Up:
No
Primary Tube Outside Diameter (in):
1 3/4 in.
Flange Style:
Standard
Collector Attachment:
3-bolt flange
Collector Diameter:
3.000 in.
Collector Reducers Included:
Yes
Collector Reducer Exit Diameter:
2.500 in.
Tuned:
No
Primary Tube Gauge:
18-gauge
Flange Thickness (in.):
0.313 in.
Bolts/Studs Included:
Yes
Gaskets Included:
Yes
Crossover Pipe Included:
No
Catalytic Converter(s) Included:
No
Motor Mounts Included:
No
Transmission Mount Included:
No
Quantity:
Sold as a pair.

Good info there! I've had Hedman headers in my 77 Cordoba for many years before getting a set of tti a couple yrs ago. The tti fit really nice but still needed the maneuvering you described in your post. Its a real pain in the *** to install headers in most cars so always get the best headers you can get that won't need refinishing. My Hedman headers were warrantied for life against rust and lasted 5 years. They sent me another set for free but told me that program was no longer available. Every 5 years since then I had them ceramic coated to stop them rusting. The tti are much thicker and will hopefully last longer without rusting.

Any time you attempt to install headers you can expect to have to go to work. Some easier some not. Every engine and every model has it snags. When people came to the shop asking a price my answer was time and materials. Most headers by the time you make the collectors fit you can expect minimum 4 hours and commonly 6 to 8. Things can get time consuming especially if dealing with manifold bolts/studs if broken or breaking when trying to get them out.

Any time you attempt to install headers you can expect to have to go to work. Some easier some not. Every engine and every model has it snags. When people came to the shop asking a price my answer was time and materials. Most headers by the time you make the collectors fit you can expect minimum 4 hours and commonly 6 to 8. Things can get time consuming especially if dealing with manifold bolts/studs if broken or breaking when trying to get them out.

So true.....! I had to make clearance for the #5 spark plug and clearance for the power steering housing connected to the K-Member... took two of us all of 8 hours and I still haven't solved the column shifting linkage.... not for the faint of heart.... but should be worth the efforts....

Auto Transport Service
Back