• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chryslers @ Carlisle (Chrysler Nationals) 2018

We registered a few weeks ago, got our rooms and looking forward to going....if anyone has been at show before would like to touch base and get some information...appreciate a PM...

Taking our 63

I am local to it what info you looking for? A lot of civil war history in the area.

We are planning to go to Gettysburg and any other civil war sites in the area. A buddy of mine suggested we go to Hershey and go to the plant. Also can you suggest anywhere else to go...we were thinking about leaving our Dodge overnight at the show...?...appreciate any information...here is my email [email protected] Thanks

This year we need to put something in concrete about a FBBO meet up one night,cars & food!We talk about it every year and it never happenz!

I'm in if anyone wants to meet .This is our first year going so we are going to have fun .

Pete

We are planning to go to Gettysburg and any other civil war sites in the area. A buddy of mine suggested we go to Hershey and go to the plant. Also can you suggest anywhere else to go...we were thinking about leaving our Dodge overnight at the show...?...appreciate any information...here is my email [email protected] Thanks
The National Civil war museum is a must, then right next to Carlisle is the Army Heritage center, I have never been there but it should be great.

I think maybe the Diner outside the fairgrounds.That way the venders can come as well.What time does it wind down each day.....6pm?7pm? then we have a meeting place that has food available!

This year we need to put something in concrete about a FBBO meet up one night,cars & food!We talk about it every year and it never happenz!

I'm down with that. Was just thinking how I would remember you all and the cars when I get there!
Good Idea!!

You also have Williams Grove Speedway that is not far away for Friday nite, 410 Outlaw Sprints will be there for a Tune-up session. Gates open @ 7:30. Susquehanna Speedway (Now Baps Motor Speedway) not too awful far away either has some dirt racing also on Sat nite. Not sure what South Mountain Drag Strip has going on, but Fridays they always have the All Mopar Drags. thats just down the road a few miles in Mt. Holly. Usually a good show too.

You also have Williams Grove Speedway that is not far away for Friday nite, 410 Outlaw Sprints will be there for a Tune-up session. Gates open @ 7:30. Susquehanna Speedway (Now Baps Motor Speedway) not too awful far away either has some dirt racing also on Sat nite. Not sure what South Mountain Drag Strip has going on, but Fridays they always have the All Mopar Drags. thats just down the road a few miles in Mt. Holly. Usually a good show too.
My Long Island friend Mike now owns South Mountain!They don't start 'till after noon,so I hit the fairgrounds for a few hours and leave at noon to race all afternoon.It's like stepping into the 60's at that 1/8 mile track.Weather you have a 14 second Newport or an 8 second animal it's a blast!! I invite everyone to come down and make a pass or 2.The spectator side has a huge grassy area to throw down a blanket and bring your picnic basket!!

7.15.14 174.jpg 7.15.14 175.jpg 7.15.14 176.jpg 7.15.14 177.jpg 11698712_1612015119055466_5509924955191169491_n.jpg Carlisle July 2017 306.jpg Carlisle July 2017 307.jpg Carlisle July 2017 309.jpg Carlisle July 2017 321.jpg Carlisle July 2017 332.jpg

Hemi-itis, yes it is a way cool track. My brother has raced there since the 90s (previous owner). Mike has done a great job with the track for sure! Heluva friendly guy to boot!. In 2 shots above, my cousins red valiant you got in the staging lanes and on the track. We def make every Mopar Carlisle and hit the track after. That is why I love the Friday trip up there. Go early for the walk at Carlisle, eat, and head to the track. Watched (2) hemi 4-spd cars from NY run each other last year and one spun the whole rear housing in the leaf spring perches till the yoke was pointing north. What a mess that was. Could push the car backwards, but it would not go forward. Pinion was broke and binding the rear. Found out the guy that built the car only tack welded the perches and never fully welded them. it sure broke some parts under there and beat the floor pan up good. A shame, it was a beautiful Plym. Was a 64 Plym Sport fury 2 dr ht.
Will def look to see you there. I should have the Dual Quad set-up done on the poly and be there with the Coronet.

I remember the first time I stopped by South Mt. and couldn't believe how close the water box is to the main road!

I remember the first time I stopped by South Mt. and couldn't believe how close the water box is to the main road!
Yea, If you didn't know that driving down the road, it would sound like a car did a burnout in your lap! I think it has all been moved forward some and it don't seem so close any more.

Yea, If you didn't know that driving down the road, it would sound like a car did a burnout in your lap! I think it has all been moved forward some and it don't seem so close any more.
It's been quite a few years since my first time there. I was driving down the road from Mt Holly Springs looking for it and all of a sudden I hear engines reving and all of this smoke blowing across the road. Hey, I think we found it! Lol

Hey guys, been to Carlisle probably 6 or 7 times but I've never been to South Mountain drags. Sounds like a definite good time. Will have to go. A b body hat is a great idea. I'll get my vendors number and let guys know where I am and maybe we can get together. My avatar now shows my new baby I just bought last weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back