• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chryslers in the Canyon IV Saturday, October 13th, 2012

TexasStroker

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
What: Chryslers in the Canyon IV All Mopar Cruise and Car Show
Where: Palo Duro Canyon State Park (Amarillo, Texas)
When: Saturday, October 13th, 2012 10 AM-3 PM
How Much: FREE...$5 Per Person Park Entry Fee
Awards: Pushing 20
Food: Join us in a caravan to the World Famous Big Texan Steakhouse afterwards

For more info: http://chryslersinthecanyon.amarilloareamopars.com/

AAMPickBestMuscleMopar.jpg

We have moved the show up one weekend due to us renting the brand new Mack Dick Pavillion. This will give everyone shelter from the heat/rain etc, air conditioning, a sound system, projector screens, a full kitchen, basically the works.

Chryslers in the Canyon takes the conventional car show format and flips it the bird. *We do things differently and we think you will enjoy it.

Chryslers in the Canyon (CIC) is 100% FREE. There is no entry fee, no charges to be in a show, no charges to be in a cruise. Free and Fun go together nicely, don't you think?!

The park is charging $5 per person to get in, but when was the last time you did something ALL MOPAR that didn't drain your wallet for $25+ ?

We will meet up at the West Texas A&M University Events Center around 10 AM. From here it is a straight shot due east to scenic Palo Duro Canyon.

The park staff loves this event and they will be opening an extra set of gates for us. We will leave the WT Events Center in small bands (cruise with yoru friends or similar cars) and hit the gates. *It is about 15 miles down a long, flat road to the canyon.

Once in the canyon, it is a short drive thru a winding, canyon road...when you go downhill I will be set up to film you and your Mopar rolling downhill...I'll edit this and get it up on YouTube soon after the show.

The show will take place at the Mack Dick Pavillion parking lot and then overflow in the Pioneer Amphitheater parking lot. You will be surrounded by beautiful canyon walls. We do our best to structure parking by make/model/era so you will be around cars that interest you. Granted, you will want to explore the surroundings!

As far as lunch, if you want something bring it. The new building has a full kitchen you are welcome to use if you go high-tech, or you can keep it simple with PBJ Sandwiches.

Our registration consists of signing in with a notebook.

We will have a random assortment of door prizes as well.

Awards should go out around 2-3 PM. We do things a bit differently here...there is no red tape, or political bs that you see at most shows. The awards are a "You buy it, you give it" system. So if you are coming in from out of town, say OKC, and want to present an award with your club name on it, just bring it, pick a car, and present it.

Our biggest awards will remain Park Ranger's Pick, AAM Pick, and Long Hauler etc...

After the show wraps up, you can pick what sounds good and some of our local AAMers can lead you to that type of eatery. The Big Texan is of course the default choice since the food is good and it is a pretty popular spot for tourists.

We had a lot of B-bodies last year, and if you take a look at the winner pics below you'll note they did quite well :headbang:

Here is a shot of the winners from last year:
http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/...-the-canyon-iii-winner-pics&catid=38:pictures

And some vids from last year:

Chryslers in the Canyon III Vintage Mopar Entry - YouTube

Mopars Entering Palo Duro Canyon for Chryslers in the Canyon III - YouTube

Pictures from Della, our official photographer, who will once again be on hand:
http://dellamoyer.smugmug.com/Cars-...-2011/19557551_N5MKfr#!i=1535729484&k=V5xPtTj

And here is a shot to show you what the terrain looks like coming in...I shot this at CIC II from the driver's seat of the 69...You can do the same in your B-Body Mopar!:

Entering:
Chryslers in the Canyon 2010 Ride Along: Into Palo Duro Canyon - YouTube

Exiting:
Chryslers in the Canyon 2010 Ride Along: Canyon Climb - YouTube

If you've got any questions, or are interested in attending, post here, shoot me a PM, e-mail, or whatever works for you. This is a true grass-roots show that is 100% Mopar and turns the tables on the conventional car show we have all come to know. The focus is on fun, and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you attend....

Post up if you are interested or plan to attend...we can usually land a pretty nice hotel discount. We do our best to make sure anyone from out-of-town has a great time!

If you plan on coming to CIC4, Make sure to register on AAM so that Lance can get a accurate count for dash plaques. Also know your mileage from home to the show for the Long Haul Award. The Amarillo Inn 6901 W I40 formerly Hampton Inn said they would do rooms for $69.00 a night. To reserve a room just call the hotel at 806-467-9997 and tell them you are with the Amarillo Area Mopars Chryslers in the Canyon. This hotel is right next to the Fifth Season Inn and the Sleep Inn, both of which I am waiting to here back from. There website is theamarilloinn.com
The host Hotel from last year Fifth Season Inn also called me back and they have blocked off 15 rooms for Chryslers in the Canyon 4. The rate is $64.00 plus tax on the Remodeled Atrium room. The Hotel is located at 6801 I 40 West. Use the code Chryslers in the Canyon 4 The number to the hotel is 806-358-7881

Here is some self serve car wash addresses for those traveling from out of town. There are three that are in close proximity of the hotel. The first is at 1710 S Western, the other two are on 45th ave, one is 3400 45th(just west of I27 on north side of street) other is 4604 45th(Between Western and Bell on north side of Street). For those that will need one in Canyon there is one between 8th and 9th Ave(just west of 23rd st).

Auto Transport Service
Back