• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CL 72 Roadrunner Looks good and not mine

Nice looking car for the $$$. Car is actually in Des Moines IA ... not here in St Louis (otherwise I would go take a look at it).

I think that has to be the "greenest" GY3 Curious Yellow that I have ever seen ... almost looks more like FJ5 Limelight!

Still a nice looking car though ...

I love the front end on those cars, not crazy about the fuselage body, but I could get used to it:) Not a bad price, I bet you could get him down on his price a little.

I live in Des Moines. I WAS in the market. I just bought wedding rings and a trip to Hawaii... Next spring.

Probably not a real Road Runner. Fender turn signals on the fenders would only be available on a air grabber equipped car (or Satellite with stock hood!) & this car has A/C so it didn't originally come with an air grabber. The door panels are Satellite as well. Its most likely a Satellite cloned into a RR. At least he got the right grille! Tough part to find. I agree the color is closer to Sublime than GY3 Curious Yellow. Still a cool looking car for the money.

I just picked this one up ,Hope she is nice as she look's.And Yep the price was right.

I just picked this one up ,Hope she is nice as she look's.And Yep the price was right.
You bought this car in the ad?? COOL!!! Please, once you get it give us all the details, its looks like you scored a really nice one, congrats!!

You bought this car in the ad?? COOL!!! Please, once you get it give us all the details, its looks like you scored a really nice one, congrats!!

I sure will ,The trucking company will be picking it up around Wednesday and bringing her east after that.I'm with you guys on the curious yellow it look's a little too green,but the sunlight does funny things with that color.He assured me it was the true "CURIOUS YELLOW"

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, looks like a real nice ride for the price. Love those 71/72's.

Yeah me too ,it's been along time since I've had a roadrunner.I bought a 71 383 4 speed bench seat car from a guy I went to school with back in 1980 for $700.00 and it needed nothing even had new tires on it .Man how prices have changed LOL.

Did you have someone inspect it for you before you pulled the trigger? I am just curious, as once I get my money saved up, I want to know how this process of buying a car from another state works.
Thanks!

Did you have someone inspect it for you before you pulled the trigger? I am just curious, as once I get my money saved up, I want to know how this process of buying a car from another state works.
Thanks!
You are 100% correct on getting someone to inspect the car that you want to buy.Especially when dealing with high dollar cars.When you cannot go yourself.I did a bank to bank money transfer with the Title and bill of sale sent next day air to me.There are many ways to seal the deal .ut most important thing to remember is if dealing with a private seller ,make sure they are LEGIT.Many scammers on Craigs List.

Do you have the VIN yet is a RR or a Satellite? Wierd things like A/C Dash but not A/C firewall and the fender turn signal indicators. On a non airgrabber RR they are on the hood

Pictures and the ad description is required for " CL .. check this out " type posts.

otherwise they wind up a dead thread

Also post them in the general commentary forum ... NOT IN FOR SALE AD FORUMS if it's not your vehicle please

CL SOLD.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back