• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic car Hobby under attack

Whitey

Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wanted to share a story in a local newspaper from an ignorant writer attacking our hobby/life. You may not be local to the Lehigh Valley or Pennsylvania, but these kinds of attacks go on all over and affect ALL OF US!!! I like to ask you send your thoughts to this “author”.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/watchdog/all-5dog0921.6592257sep21,0,4055090.story

try this:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/watc...,4055090.story

If it doesn't work try doing a search on www.mcall.com for “It's best to admire classic cars from afar“

Thanks guys. I can assure you there are A LOT of people upset with this article.

It's also under attack by OPEC. The current surges in oil prices are artificially inflated and are driving up the costs of fuel which in turn hurts our hobby more than anything IMHO.

As enthusiasts we have to do whatever we can by writing to our Govt officials and voice our opinions. We have to start somewhere and if you thing "well someone else will do it" well, they win! :mad:

What these boneheads don't understand it

1) WE are the original recyclers

2) The majority of "antique" cars are better cared for than cars that are 5 years old.

And when you consider that they (the antiques) are driven LESS than these cars that are 5-7 years old and aren't maintained, then they (the antiques) on the whole are SAFER than these other cars.

"WE" also aren't the "boy racers" slinging our cars in and out of traffic like a bad case of Montezuma is on the horizon and we're 2 miles from home. "WE" drive defensively, cause "WE" don't want anything to happen to "OUR" investments.

So this journalist (and I use the term loosely) is completely uninformed, and does not understand what the hobby is about.

Bombard him with emails... I even sent the links to Mopar Muscle and Hemming Muscle Machines editors.

Bombard him with emails... I even sent the links to Mopar Muscle and Hemming Muscle Machines editors.

I just have with a little note about if he cannot publish the truth he is best suited for the National Enquirer and the Weekly World News tabloids.

Lets just call this douschebag!!

Heres the info:

The Watchdog is published Thursdays and Sundays. Contact me by e-mail at [email protected], by phone at 610-841-2364 (ADOG), by fax at 610-820-6693, or by mail at The Morning Call, 101 N. Sixth St., Allentown, Pa., 18101.

Auto Transport Service
Back