• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries Terrible Customer Service

Maybe the complaint dept quit.... Seems like they've been overworked lately...

Maybe the complaint dept quit.... Seems like they've been overworked lately...
Yep, seem like some business's around here are complaining that they can not get people to work even in the "complaint department" .:screwy:
I hope I will never have to do anything major to my Charger. But if I need to, I would follow the recommendations given here by those more experienced.
I'd guess the next ''major" expense will be filling the gas tank to drive back and forth to Carlisle.:moparsmiley:

Last edited:
I'm done with these guys. I've ordered alot of stuff from them in the past. Their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of the Covid excuses etc. Waiting on the phone for an hour every time I call is not acceptable. Pay your employees a half *** wage and maybe they will stick around.

Ordered a hardware set for 71-71 B body grill. If you advertise a product for a specific application, then that is what it should be. Screws too short for the corners of the bezels, extra hardware that doesn't go to the car.

Write emails to them, only to wait for days.

I asked for a simple diagram to explain the hardware they sent. Their "Tech Support" guy sends me a video from youtube showing a 68 RR being disassembled.....seriously.

Try and work it out for a refund and get the 3rd degree and very unfriendly and courteous representative. I'll pay more for better service elsewhere. These guys stink.
Hello,

We're very sorry you encountered a problem with the hardware kit you received. I'm not sure which hardware set you purchased, but if you send me some details about your order I can personally check into this and see what I can find. While it may seem simple to provide some instructions or a diagram, sometimes resources like this aren't immediately available, even from the manufacturer of the kit. This is also why some emailed inquiries take longer than others.

While we’re all sick of the residual effects of the pandemic, the reality is that we’re still facing challenges that didn’t exist two years ago. We have been very active in recruiting and hiring new agents to reduce wait times, and we’ve also implemented new systems to help reduce the need for unnecessary calls and emails. For example, customers now receive more communications about order processing and now have the ability to cancel an order online without the assistance of an agent. And this is just the beginning as we have more improvements in the works.

Even as we face challenges and make improvements, we still hold our customer service agents to a high standard. If you received unsatisfactory service from one of our agents, we need to know about it. We actively monitor and review calls to ensure our agents are delivering the level of service that is expected from them. So if a call needs to be reviewed and some coaching is needed, we’d be happy to review the situation and take any actions necessary.

As I’ve mentioned before, forum members are more than welcome to send me a direct message if there’s a situation that needs action taken. I’m more than happy to personally address any situation that needs attention. So far, hardly anyone has taken me up on the invitation, but it still stands… I’m more than happy to help.

Gabe Flores
Brand Manager

I've only bought from them once in my life. Looking for some front leaf springs for a truck. I would have bought from Speedway since it was the same price but with free shipping to my door BUT they were out of stock. So I called Classic on a Friday, the fellow that answered was very helpful. I said I would drive the 50 miles and pick up on Saturday morning. He said this is the last set in stock and then told me he would put them aside in will call for me. He then gave me instructions to not wait in the line to take a ticket but to walk in to the will call desk. So I did, some gal at that counter told me there is no will call on Saturday and I needed to go in line for a ticket to be served. I explained to her what I was told to do. She would not have it but a fellow standing next to her said "let me check" So he looked at the will calls and sure enough the springs were right there just like the initial fellow said. He pulled them out and I got them, all the while the girl was still pitching a bitch over it. She did not like making things easy for me.
So customer service was good until I met the bitch that wanted to make things difficult.

I started buying from Classic when they opened a store in California. I have not had any bad luck at all. Great parts and cheaper shipping costs compared to buying from Year One across the country!

Last edited:
I've only bought from them once in my life. Looking for some front leaf springs for a truck. I would have bought from Speedway since it was the same price but with free shipping to my door BUT they were out of stock. So I called Classic on a Friday, the fellow that answered was very helpful. I said I would drive the 50 miles and pick up on Saturday morning. He said this is the last set in stock and then told me he would put them aside in will call for me. He then gave me instructions to not wait in the line to take a ticket but to walk in to the will call desk. So I did, some gal at that counter told me there is no will call on Saturday and I needed to go in line for a ticket to be served. I explained to her what I was told to do. She would not have it but a fellow standing next to her said "let me check" So he looked at the will calls and sure enough the springs were right there just like the initial fellow said. He pulled them out and I got them, all the while the girl was still pitching a bitch over it. She did not like making things easy for me.
So customer service was good until I met the bitch that wanted to make things difficult.
To be fair, our will-call practices have been evolving over the last two years in an effort to offer the most customer-friendly process as possible. There was a time when we didn't do Saturday will-calls, and the gal you referred to may not have known about this, but it's hard to say since I don't know when this encounter happened.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear that we were able to get you taken care of in a timely manner.

I started buying from Classic when they opened a store in California. I have not had any bad luck at all. Great parts and cheaper shipping costs compared to buying from Yesr One across the country!
I'm glad to hear that you've had positive experiences in buying your parts from us. We sincerely do our best serve the community and keep the hobby alive.

To be fair, our will-call practices have been evolving over the last two years in an effort to offer the most customer-friendly process as possible. There was a time when we didn't do Saturday will-calls, and the gal you referred to may not have known about this, but it's hard to say since I don't know when this encounter happened.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear that we were able to get you taken care of in a timely manner.

I have no doubt that no Saturday will call was the rule at that time however since I was acting on instructions from a Classic employee there was no need to try and put the discrepancy on me, acting as if I did something wrong. I think this was about a year and a half ago

your message box is full... any idea when your Duster Shark tooth grill will be back in stock? Any info you can provide will be appreciated... IM referring to the complete grill package minus the bezels

your message box is full... any idea when your Duster Shark tooth grill will be back in stock? Any info you can provide will be appreciated... IM referring to the complete grill package minus the bezels
Message box is full? Shouldn't be.

This should be a pretty short term back order. I'm checking right now to see what our ETA is. I'll let you know what I find out. If you DM your order number I can check on this and try to move things along once they're in.

I like the call back option with approximate call back time as it gives everyone better working relations

Hello,

We're very sorry you encountered a problem with the hardware kit you received. I'm not sure which hardware set you purchased, but if you send me some details about your order I can personally check into this and see what I can find. While it may seem simple to provide some instructions or a diagram, sometimes resources like this aren't immediately available, even from the manufacturer of the kit. This is also why some emailed inquiries take longer than others.

While we’re all sick of the residual effects of the pandemic, the reality is that we’re still facing challenges that didn’t exist two years ago. We have been very active in recruiting and hiring new agents to reduce wait times, and we’ve also implemented new systems to help reduce the need for unnecessary calls and emails. For example, customers now receive more communications about order processing and now have the ability to cancel an order online without the assistance of an agent. And this is just the beginning as we have more improvements in the works.

Even as we face challenges and make improvements, we still hold our customer service agents to a high standard. If you received unsatisfactory service from one of our agents, we need to know about it. We actively monitor and review calls to ensure our agents are delivering the level of service that is expected from them. So if a call needs to be reviewed and some coaching is needed, we’d be happy to review the situation and take any actions necessary.

As I’ve mentioned before, forum members are more than welcome to send me a direct message if there’s a situation that needs action taken. I’m more than happy to personally address any situation that needs attention. So far, hardly anyone has taken me up on the invitation, but it still stands… I’m more than happy to help.

Gabe Flores
Brand Manager
I sent a direct message to you

I have bought tens of thousands of dollars of parts from Classic as well as Year One and others for all 8 of my different Mopars. What always passes me off is if you order like 6-10+ Items. It all shows up in multiple boxes/shipments over the periods of days and a shipping charge each time. I am sure it all could have shipped together at once unless a large item.

I have bought tens of thousands of dollars of parts from Classic as well as Year One and others for all 8 of my different Mopars. What always passes me off is if you order like 6-10+ Items. It all shows up in multiple boxes/shipments over the periods of days and a shipping charge each time. I am sure it all could have shipped together at once unless a large item.

all drop shipped from the purveyor, I doubt Classic stocks everything they sell. That said, I don’t do online buying, I don’t have a credit card to order anything with, because I’m old and don’t care to have one. Instead, I wait till I go to the big shows, and buy what I need there. For that reason, I don’t experience any of the problems outlined here. If I can’t buy face to face, I simply don’t do it. Last time I did, it was with Inline Tube. I bought my lines at the Nats, they brought no stock to the show, but almost all of the order was at my door the next day. Unfortunately it took almost a month and numerous calls to finally get them to send out the smallest of parts that held up the entire installation. I could’ve just drove there and picked up the stuff, since they’re close, but I had to show myself why I don’t do anything but cash and carry.

I can't speak for other companies, but we definitely do not charge our customers by the box and we don't separate orders (unless there's a back order or special order). Our shipping is pretty much "flat rate"; if you order 5 small items and our shipping department decides to ship it in 5 separate boxes, we eat the additional shipping costs, not the customer.

all drop shipped from the purveyor, I doubt Classic stocks everything they sell. That said, I don’t do online buying, I don’t have a credit card to order anything with, because I’m old and don’t care to have one. Instead, I wait till I go to the big shows, and buy what I need there. For that reason, I don’t experience any of the problems outlined here. If I can’t buy face to face, I simply don’t do it. Last time I did, it was with Inline Tube. I bought my lines at the Nats, they brought no stock to the show, but almost all of the order was at my door the next day. Unfortunately it took almost a month and numerous calls to finally get them to send out the smallest of parts that held up the entire installation. I could’ve just drove there and picked up the stuff, since they’re close, but I had to show myself why I don’t do anything but cash and carry.
I can appreciate your skepticism, but Classic Industries is definitely not a drop ship operation. Some might be surprised to hear that we drop ship on behalf of a lot of your other retailers. But as a company, we've always believed in carrying as much inventory as practically possible. We stock nearly everything we sell -- the exceptions being unusually large items, special orders, etc.

I started buying from Classic when they opened a store in California. I have not had any bad luck at all. Great parts and cheaper shipping costs compared to buying from Year One across the country!
Thanks for more of your wisdom

Auto Transport Service
Back