• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clip on heater fan housing — what is it for?

TKMSavoy

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
662B374D-62B2-4926-85D9-6FAE0B37E583.jpeg

Does anyone know what the clip in middle of this photo is for? It is on the heater blower housing on my ‘62 Plymouth Savoy — non A/C car. Thanks!

That was my initial thought but the braided protective sleeve over the wiring is two or three times as large as the clip there’s no way it would fit in the clip. Unless the clip was meant for wires only but it has sharp edges on it just doesn’t seem like a great idea if it’s simply holding two insulated wires.

Looks like it may have been used for holding a temp probe of some sort just thinking out loud

I can’t see a reason for it. Perhaps it will have to remain a mystery……….

The clip is used to "support/secure" the blower motor wires. It looks like there's an imprint on the sleeve from when it was attached originally. The braided sleeve might seem too big for the clip, but it's flexible. Have you tried attaching it? If necessary, spread the clip a little.

I have not tried to squeeze it in, worth a try, like the idea of spreading the clip.

Auto Transport Service
Back