• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clocks...

jbearden

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
I am curious what the 66 Charger clocks are worth.I've never seen one sell and have a chance to buy one.Just don't want to over spend on something that may not work.What's a high and low ball park for non working junk to NOS?Thanks again guys.

I have seen unknown condition clocks sell for $300.00 and up.

Biggest problem with 66 clocks is the hands don't light up and the movement does not work anymore. Housings are usually pitted, mountings are usually broken off.

Good luck finding an NOS one

66 & 67 clocks are different, they will not interchange

Attachments

• dcp_3693.jpg
    dcp_3693.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 476
It's a 66 for sure.I was thinking around $250-300 for a trot line weight.It'll be cool to have just for the looks.I'll post pics of the 66 Charger I've been building for my dad pretty soon.It just looks like a huge unorganized pile of parts right now.

I sold one that worked off and on (probably dirty inside) a few months ago nice cosmetic condition on Ebay for $365.

Yeah,I went up to $550 on that one and was still outbid.He can have it for that.Sure I'd like to have it,but not knowing if it works for that much money....I still need to get the ac and heater fixed or replaced in the 66.I haven't even started on my 67.Not sure if I'll have the 67 ready in time for MATS,but the 66 should be.

The clock EL on the 66 is expensive to fix. I'd make sure that part of it worked before I bid much more than 150-200 dollars on it...my two cents...

Mark

Mine works , sometimes. The EL works.
Could it be that I need to take it out and clean it?
Is there any ideas asto cleaning,besides blowing it out?
Thanx,
Rag

Mine works , sometimes. The EL works.
Could it be that I need to take it out and clean it?
Is there any ideas asto cleaning,besides blowing it out?
Thanx,
Rag

the problem is that the points inside are worn out and need to be replaced

Bryan

Turns out the clock I wanted to buy on ebay was bought by a guy in Brazil.He has been buying up a whole bunch of things online recently.I'd really like to see what he's working on.Wonder if it's a hemi car?

The EL on my '66's clock works flawlessly, but the movement doesn't do a thing. Does anyone on here redo clock movements?

The EL on my '66's clock works flawlessly, but the movement doesn't do a thing. Does anyone on here redo clock movements?

Have you tried calling your local watch repair place?

Even though I don't have a Charger, but the movement took a dump in my 66-300. I swapped it out with a quartz movement. I forget from who I got it from, this was years ago. The only difference between the two is that the second hand ticks instead of a sweep, don't know if yours sweeps. Creative Goggling I'm sure will produce some hits.

Like Bryan said the points burn and wear out. A few guys over at 66-67Charger.com have taken theirs a part and fixed the points. Check out this link.

http://www.66-67charger.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=147536&page=1

Your lucky BDL that your face and hands light up. The face and one hand are the only thing that light on mine. The movement is on and off too.
JC Auto Restorations list electroluminescent (EL) repair.

http://www.jcauto.com/services.html

Also on the 66's if you switch to quartz movement the EL will not work anymore. '67 clocks had a bulb to light them. (Boring, another reason why '66's are better)

Again... Excellent answers to questions I haven't known who to ask! Thank you everyone!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back