• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clone wing cars $

For the people who complain about the front of the 70 Coronet,problem solved!
Ya you either like it or hate it...I like it...when you look at it ,it actually looks like the SUPER BEES face goggles n all

I have a Hemi Bird, all matching. Purchased it for $58,000, now worth $580,000? Don't enjoy driving it any more because if the value. Time to let it go and drive something like my 70 Cuda conv't resto mod. Did a few power tours, trips and fun rides and weekend trips with the family and friends. That's why the ? on, clones, replica, copy or resto mod. Some of the resto mods sell for mors than the originals. Which sell for good$. Just wondering how mach to pay for one? The sum of the parts can be $75,000 in parts? Than theirs the labor. Would a good Daytona / Bird go for $100 to $125,000. with original steel parts and correct filler panel? Just thinking

I have a Hemi Bird, all matching. Purchased it for $58,000, now worth $580,000? Don't enjoy driving it any more because if the value. Time to let it go and drive something like my 70 Cuda conv't resto mod. Did a few power tours, trips and fun rides and weekend trips with the family and friends. That's why the ? on, clones, replica, copy or resto mod. Some of the resto mods sell for mors than the originals. Which sell for good$. Just wondering how mach to pay for one? The sum of the parts can be $75,000 in parts? Than theirs the labor. Would a good Daytona / Bird go for $100 to $125,000. with original steel parts and correct filler panel? Just thinking
If somebody pays more for a clone than the real deal, than they have more money than brains.

there is a clone Bird with glass nose and wing, didn't c if it had a plug. KIt's on BAT auction.

Who are we saving these cars for.. the next guy? F that...
I totally agree. I refuse to be a caretaker for the next gen. I drive my cars, that's the only way I can enjoy them. I do respect trailer queens for what they are, and some rare cars should be just that, but they're not for me. I love seeing old project cars/trucks driving out in the wild, just like they were back when they were born.

That's the beauty of building a clone, they can be driven and enjoyed. I intend to drive the hell out of the clone I am building.

This

00001.jpg

00003.jpg

3093597C-68D7-4CB0-B9F1-4F815AFB4A3F.jpeg

00006.jpg

wwnboa70csed5.jpg

54f8_3.sized.jpg

looking good. question are the fender scoops mounted 16" or 16 1/4" from the back of the fender. Are u putting in the hole with the screens? If so is the hole 6" or 6 1/4"?

Another ? R U putting a vinyl on?

looking good. question are the fender scoops mounted 16" or 16 1/4" from the back of the fender. Are u putting in the hole with the screens? If so is the hole 6" or 6 1/4"?
I used Mikes templates to drill the holes,I didn't measure them. I am not doing the holes,I am going to paint a black circle,then use pinstripe tape to simulate the screens. This will give the appearance of having the screens should someone look into the scoops. People with original Daytonas put foam sponges in the scoops to keep water dirt and debris off the top of their fenders.

Last edited:
Mike made me paper templates to drill the mounting holes for the scoops.

I have the holes in the scoops, need to put the holes in the fenders. just looking for the location from the fender edge to back edge of the scoop.

Maybe someone with an original Daytona can get an accurate measurement for the holes in the fenders. Try asking for the measurement over on Dodge Charger.com in the areo cars section.

Auto Transport Service
Back