• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coats 40-50 tire machine

Mackman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
I just bought a Coats 40-50SA tire machine. It operates under pressure and breaks beads very well, but it returns to it's at-rest position very slowly, wether there is a tire on the machine or not. Anyone have experience with this machine or this condition?

Most of the time its lack of maintenance. If you read the manual you will be surprised on what should be done. As I remember there are air bleed offs that basically are restrictions that can become clogged esp. if the machine is used little. Worse if run on a non filtered air line. Plus lots require an in line auto oiler that is overlooked. When they get dry they tend to work poorly. Get the manual is my suggestion.

Take the covers off and lube everything up. You might be surprised how good it will work.

I put oil in the two cylinders per the manual, and it has made the return worse. I will chase the vents.

The air muffler on the foot valve was plugged, causing it to not vent air and return quickly. Quick fix. Thanks for the manual link.

The air muffler on the foot valve was plugged, causing it to not vent air and return quickly. Quick fix. Thanks for the manual link.
That makes sense as that is what I was referring to on restrictors as they reduced the air release. Calling them a muffler or silencer would make sense.

Auto Transport Service
Back