• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coil mount bracket

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
This one's been asked but nobody seems to be using this bracket.

coil mount.jpg

This thing is all over the internet as being the 'original' for the 440 6-pack but for the life of me I cannot find where this damn thing is supposed to go. I cannot find a set of bolts that fit the spacing on the holes. It's obvious that the coil bracket is mounted to the two posts with nuts, but where does the whole thing go????? The vendor I got it from doesn't seem to know either, told me to google it and look at the images. No joy there.

intake to heads bolts over 8th intake runner ?

over rear carb base attached to his bolts/studs ?

Last edited:
Damn!!! I can't find it either LOL

2a79aeb9b891079f09763fd2928461f9--driftwood-mechanical-power.jpg

EDITING... sure is not easy to find here since is painted orange like the intake, so is camouflagged

Last edited:
I will try that, but since you put your responses in the form of questions might mean you haven't tried to locate this specific mount?

I ask that because this thing is cut for a very specific location on the engine. I haven't tried the carb mount to see if the spacing is right for the holes, I will try that this morning.

Funny they all say it's a repro of the 'original' mount for the 440 6-pack but I can't find a pic of one installed anywhere.

In all fairness, Nacho did find a very helpful video showing the placement of the part I asked about. Maybe it isn't always so much having hands-on experience as it is knowing where to find the right information?

Auto Transport Service
Back