• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coker FR70-15 Radial Bias Ply Look Redline Tires

robl72

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Bought a set of FR70-15 Radial Bias ply look tires. Only Driven a few miles. Drive great but they don't look to be as wide as original F70-15 Bias ply tires.

Anyone have experience or thoughts on them. I posted a pic below of my charger.

IMG_6429.jpg

I wish you good luck with YOUR Coker tires. I purchased a set through Jeg's. After only about 4,000 miles (2 summers), the cords separated on one of the front tires. All of the tires took a lot of weigh to balance up. I ordered a pair of Diamond back redlines as replacements, and they balanced with very little weight. This took the question of whether the rims were true or not off the table.

I wish you good luck with YOUR Coker tires. I purchased a set through Jeg's. After only about 4,000 miles (2 summers), the cords separated on one of the front tires. All of the tires took a lot of weigh to balance up. I ordered a pair of Diamond back redlines as replacements, and they balanced with very little weight. This took the question of whether the rims were true or not off the table.
That’s interesting. My Cokers took a lot of weight and the shop said the rims were bent. Maybe not.

I think the handling of these are ****. They do look ok, but are absolutely nothing like the bias ply redlines that came off. Those were decades old and have a distinct look that the radials don’t have.

so far I have less than 1000 miles on mine. Mine are 14s.

Here they are side by side. I’d say loosely based on bias plys would be how I would describe them. The redline is inset on the old tires, and raised on the radials.

8BB10C32-2B41-4C49-9760-542AAF87CD9E.jpeg

Bias ply tires and radial tires have completely different construction.
The tires width measurement is not on the tread but a sidewall section measurement.
Radial tires by design have the tread area and the sidewall area acting independently from each other.
The radial tire maintains tread contact on turns, bias ply tires have the tread contact patch lifting from the pavement on turns, losing traction.
This is one reason that bias ply tires had a flatter/wider tread. To help cornering traction, radial tires by design don't need the extra tread width to get traction.

I got a set of FR70-14 Goodyear Polyglas Bias look radials from Kelsey. They do look to be a little thinner than the actual f70-14 bias ply tires I've seen as well. But they don't feel like I'm riding around on a set of bias plys. Had them for over a year and they seem to be pretty decent.

Here they are side by side. I’d say loosely based on bias plys would be how I would describe them. The redline is inset on the old tires, and raised on the radials.

View attachment 1426859
Thanks for the pic. Side by side definitely shows the difference. I had been trying to tell just looking at non side by side pics and it wasn’t easy. Overall the responses seem like the ride and quality is not much better.

Considering the prices, I assumed the Polyglas repops had a better quality and were accurate.

Auto Transport Service
Back