• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color Confusion

FUN69DAYTONA

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I am confused and looking for some clarity, when searching the net it tells me there were only 2 Black Daytona's produced, when looking at the registry I see 4, when searching around i have seen 3, there was a Black and Red 440 at the Chicago show on display, i have seen photos of a Black on Black, there is one on youtube that was restored that is Black on White, i know of anther one that is true Black and Red, does anyone really know the answer as to how many Black were produced?

I think there were two known Hemi Daytonas in Black, but perhaps there were others with the 440.

I think there were two known Hemi Daytonas in Black, but perhaps there were others with the 440.
There was a black/red one sold new in Manitoba. It went to Missouri around the late 80’s. Very low mileage. Write up in one of the car magazines about it. Think it was drag raced a bit at possibly Gimli MB. I might have some pictures I took of it.

Althought I dont follow wingcars very close.
But I know for a fact of at least 3 factory black cars.
1- black, black interior, red wing hemi 4sp
1- black, white interior, hemi 4 spd

1-black with red interior 440 car

Another I can think of is black on black ( but am not 100% sure if its a true TX9 car or not. ) I cant remember the owners name right now as he passed a few years back
Car was in Detroit MI area I believe

internet is saying 2 black, my guess is 2 black Hemi. The one at the show last month was black and red 440 with auto, the black and red I know for sure original is black/red 440 4sp

I know of a Black on Black 440 automatic with a red Daytona stripe. It was at Carlisle for years but I haven't seen it in the last 4-5 years. I always wanted to trade the guy for my Hemi Barracuda. He wasn't having that.

I've personally seen 3 of them. Not sure what the official # is.

IMG_20180629_0007.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back