• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbus Mopar Nationals

747mopar

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you go to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio. I go every year and might actually be taking a car for once and thought it would be cool to actually meat some of you guys and your cars.

1988. Wife worked for chysler in gold building on Brice rd... Was chebbie boy back then..mopar since... Gotta take your car..

Brother and I have been goin for at least 15 yrs, maybe more. lost count. have room booked already. Comfort Inn, Pickerington exit.

Be number 14 for me...moving to the econo lodge in heath this year..been on brice every year prior..guess they didn't like me starting the burnout's everynight at the econolodge there..haha..me and a goodfriend from Toledo were the only cars there and a couple at the comforts behind us..definitely a bummer but heath is were its at..

Everything on brice seems closed hell they even closed Hooters

I'm going to cruise the swap meet again this year for first generation Charger parts, man I hope the weather is nicer this go around, it's pretty bad when you go back to Texas in July and it is cooler than PA.

I live in Columbus, so its a short ride. Usually have a swap space.

Two years ago was my first time. I think I'll be going again this year since we are going out there anyway for my wife's sister's wedding.

It's a 2 hour drive for me and I have every intention of taking my 69 Charger, you won't miss it (it will be bright orange with the American flag on the hood) . I'll have to post something when it's closer to that time, looking forward to seeing some of you.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say I haven't been to the Nats since it was at Milan MANY years ago. Missed out on a chance to go back in the 1990's due to work-couldn't get the time off-and I think it was the year that Brice went totally crazy and the cops almost shut it down forever. Someday...I'd prefer to trailer to that in case something goes "BOOM" or "Crunch" or whatever.

Which is better, Columbus or Carlisle?
That's like asking, which VS model is more beautiful. Different flavors of greatness. I prefer Nats because of the track. But Carlisle is a humongous car-show. Both are great in their own respect. Any Mopar man/woman worth their salt goes to either/both. It's Mopar-topia.

Which is better, Columbus or Carlisle?

I have no idea but have wondered the same thing, all I can say is that it takes hours to go threw the swap area, hours to look at the cars and the racing goes on the majority of the day at the Columbus Nationals. You could easily spend the majority of a day looking if you wanted to. I've never been to Carlisle, I hate driving and the 2 hour trip to Columbus is enough for me. I really enjoy the Good Guys show except the fact that I usually only see a few Mopars but if you want to see some creativity and mind blowing builds then that's where you go (mostly hot rods). Alright here comes the hate mail.

I'll be going again this year. My first time was 1996 in Indy.

For anyone who hasn't been and wants to see a little of what it was like, here are a couple of links to video and photos:

Stills and Video (Race and street cruising)
[video=youtube;XZqwmqTz1ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZqwmqTz1ns[/video]

2012 Nats photo dump:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ls-2012-PHOTO-DUMP&highlight=2012+mopar+photo

Auto Transport Service
Back