• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming home to a first Love!

Mocajava

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
Hello to all you FBBO members. Been in Alaska for 28 years and searching up here for my first love forever it seems. Found a 69 Coronet last month which is as close to my 68 Super Bee as I can get....very few up here of ANY variety. Owned a true '68 Bee in high school a millemium ago with 383 Magnum and the 4 speed Hurst. Just what every 17 year old needs right, a hot car that will pull the wheels in second gear! Raced, chased and had a blast in her through school and then committed a major sin and let her go. No need to kick me, you can't kick as hard at my butt as I have for the past 40 years.
Owned a mass of Chevy's over the years and even have a highly modified 55 Belair in the garage right now that is easing its way to being completed. I think that project has been stopped cold with my new Girl occupying another bay in the garage. True, she is just a Coronet...and I hope you won't shun me for building a Bee out of her....but I HAVE TO.
I will be touching base often to soak up the trials and tribulations of you other builders hoping to streamline this build. I see so much fabulous work being done on this forum and am impressed how this "family" jumps in with wisdom and help to urge each other on. At present my Coronet came with the 383 2 bbl, 727 and an 8 3/4 small pinion axle. A 440 is in the works and I am sure the rear end can't handle the load I hope to put on it. My plan is to slide a 9" under her with beefed components from Strange or Moser and a TCI 6 speed tranny. I am dealing with the underside right now, mounting sub frame connectors and getting ready to POR15 her belly before she goes to paint. Not sure on a mini-tub or even if I need one at this point, I stuffed 11" wide Remingtons under my "original" Super Bee and will probably live with what she is on this one. Take care and please don't hesitate to coach me as I roll back down this road to Mopar addiction. I am sure I will love the high and gain new friends doing it!

:wav:Welcome!!

Unless you're running slicks, the 8 3/4 should be fine. Looking forward to pics.

Welcome. As stated above...you should be fine until the car starts to repeatedly hook.

Welcome to the site! And even if you have the 41 case rear, that pinion isn't as small as you think. How many pinion shafts have you seen broken? Shaved teeth is another matter tho and it really doesn't make any difference if it's a 41, 42 or an 89 case setup. Throw a Dana 60 under it. It'll look like it was supposed to be there (well, it does :D) plus you'll never break it. Nothing more classic looking than a 68 Bee with a Dana and a chrome cover lurking under it.....

Welcome from Maine! No grief here, build her as you see fit, she is all yours! Good luck can't wait to see some pics!

Aaah yes. Welcome to Mopar University from sunny California. I used to live in anchorage many moons ago. Glad you found your car. As other have said we need pics to satiate our lust for new b bodies. We're kind of like vampires.....

Welcome. Good luck with the build. Build it how you want, it's your car.

Thanks for joining the forum!
Welcome aboard.
PS: Used to fly in to AK all the time (AF)
Anchorage, we always stayed at the Captain Cook Hotel

Didn't like to stay in Fairbanks but I will say one thing, Fairbanks WAS quiet!

Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome!! hard as I tried my 383 4 speed wouldnt pull the wheels in any gear with any tire on it.....Im jealous

Thanks to ALL! Will be taking all the comments into consideration but I hate to build something due to fail at some point. I can get heavy footed and DO want to make a run or two down our local track up here. My 68 SuperBee in high school was pumped with traction bars, headers that had side dumps i built, different carb / intake and a great friend who knew how to get the best out of any engine!
I still haven't figured out how to get you pictures but will keep trying. I am like the rest of you...the visual really gets the juices flowing. Off to chase salmon and halibutt for two days on my offshore boat, thanks for fueling my Mopar addiction. Will touch base when I am back in front of my "square headed girlfriend".

Welcome to FBBO, from warm sunny dry almost rust free {cars} NorCal

I use to live up in Anchorage & Palmer areas for a few years back in the mid 80's

when I lived in Palmer the track/drag strip was almost literally out my back door

Budnicks
I tend to spend a lot of time at that track, watched a Nitro/meth car turn low 6's there last 4th of July weekend. There is a lot more hi-performance cars here than people would think and Mopars really accel as the leader of the pack. Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful and love the color!

Auto Transport Service
Back