• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Complete lock package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red63440

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a complete matching factory lock package, ignition tumbler, door locks (large locks), glove box lock and trunk lock complete with keys for a 1964 Fury. Must be in working order and all original to one car as it would have been from the factory.

Last edited:
I believe I have it all except for the glove box lock. I think the trunk key is a later replacement key.....I'll have to verify that. The door/ign key is an original. These are used parts, so, there likely will be a few minor scratches and/or dings. Let me know if you can use a set less the glove box lock and I'll round it up and get you some pics and a price.

I had a friend that was an old time Mopar parts manager. He would re-key my lock cylinders so that all of my cars were keyed alike. Check with your dealer to see if he can re-key your old ones.

I had a friend that was an old time Mopar parts manager. He would re-key my lock cylinders so that all of my cars were keyed alike. Check with your dealer to see if he can re-key your old ones.

Most lock smiths can key them a like..

It is pretty easy to have yours rekeyed. My locksmith has done that several times for me. There is also a big difference in quality between original stuff and all the reproduced locks made today.

The glove box lock is the most difficult to re-key.

The ignition is second.

Door and trunk locks are SUPER EASY to re-key yourself.

All you need is a couple of spare door/trunk locks to get the extra pins in different lengths.

The glove box lock is the most difficult to re-key.

The ignition is second.

Door and trunk locks are SUPER EASY to re-key yourself.

All you need is a couple of spare door/trunk locks to get the extra pins in different lengths.
I'm not aware of any parts available to rekey a glove box lock, or, replacement face plates for the trunk lock cylinder. Without them, re-keying them isn't an option. Ignition and door lock are easy to re-pin if you have the parts. With the door lock cylinders, you need a new tumbler cover as well as a selection of pins. Ignition cylinders are pretty simple and only require some pins. Your average local locksmith is unlikely to have the trunk key blanks in stock. They're available though, if you look around online.

It is pretty easy to have yours rekeyed. My locksmith has done that several times for me. There is also a big difference in quality between original stuff and all the reproduced locks made today.
Are the '65 and older door locks being reproduced? Who carries them?

Are the '65 and older door locks being reproduced? Who carries them?
Just did a quick search and nothing popped up for door locks. You could try @moparmarks. He may have a set of ignition and doors locks that are in decent condition.

I just purchased a set of door locks and an ignition lock all keyed the same. Can’t mark as found…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back