• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compressing 6 pack style air cleaner gasket?

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
I posted this on the A12 site and thought I'd ask here too.

I'm putting a 522 stroker in my non-A12 Bee. Going with a Quick Fuel 830 4bbl carb on top of an Edelbrock intake, and a Hybrid Fiberglass Solutions air cleaner.

I believe the combo underneath the air cleaner is a little taller than stock. The repro hood from Year One doesn't sit low enough in the back when I have the air cleaner assembled the way it should be. However, I noticed it sits fine when I removed the rear portion of the air cleaner gasket.

Is there simple, reliable way to compress the gasket so that it seals and doesn't interfere with the hood? I'm open to other ideas as well to get things to fit right.

Thanks!

Figured it out. The engine sat high because I still had it jacked up a bit, since I haven't bolted everything together (bellhousing, tranny, etc.) and fit it all together with the tti headers.

Duh!

Auto Transport Service
Back