• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cone style posi

Red63440

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Is this a cone style posi unit or open???

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 350
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 368
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 402
Nope....looks like a regular open diff....

Here's what a cone unit looks like....
022.jpg

Thats what I figured.....:eusa_sick:

Someone liked their Hemi-orange!!!! never seen one internally painted! looks open to me as well! Ive got one sitting out in the garage 489 open case with airplane gears!!!!!

Makes no sense to me.. a new set of Richmond 3.91's in an open unit.:violent-smiley-100: and there was enough RTV on it to sink a battleship!

LOL at the RTV!!! I am a auto tech and man when I get into some engines especially water pumps (typically on chevys!!) People have that crap smeared everywhere I just shake my head and think to myself WTF was this guy smoking!!! I only use gaskets with some high tack to hold in place and that's it!!
unless its a Ford oil pan gasket and they give you a little tube of RTV!!!(heck most all manufacturers are going that route now!!!) Guess the guy liked one wheel peels!

Is it for sale, Im looking for a Richmond 3.91.
Sven

Ok! I have 3.23 in my newly restored 489 chunk and I like to replace these with 3.91 because of a GearVendors, are you in a hurry with it, I will talk to some friends if theres anybody thats going to USA in the near future if so they could bring the 3.23 back to US.
Sven

3.91's are sold pending payment and I found a set of 3.23's...:icon_thumright:

Auto Transport Service
Back