• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confused about interior white paint: 2033 or 8743 ?

Chris Many

Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
So, I am getting ready to paint the inside of my doors on my FM3 Satellite Conv and need to decide on what white paint to use. The fender tag shows EW1, which of course is white. When I look at my 1970 paint chip sets ---- you can look here:

1970 Plymouth (autocolorlibrary.com)

it shows exterior white as 2033. on the back side it shows interior white to be 8743. When I search the archives, everyone is saying the door frames are 2033. I'm not to sure of that. I am thinking that 8743 is a less glossy version of 2033. Maybe I should just buy single stage urethane 2033 and add flattening agent to bring the shine down to look like an lacquer look?

What have people been doing to get the original factory look ?
thanks
Chris

The door frames are glossy. So is the top smooth area of the convertible panel. The rest of the rear convertible panel is not glossy on the textured areas.

Thanks. I guess if I read the paint chip sheet a little closer I would have noticed that. Anyways I got some 2033 mixed up in Omni Enamel. I'm pretty happy with the level of gloss. Looks very close to the factory. If I used urethane paint I probably would have to play with flattening agent to keep to from looking to glossy.

RH Door.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back