• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations HawkRod!

Welcome to the most thankless job on all the interwebs.

:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

While I do admire the job that our Board Lords do, it seems to me that becoming a moderator is more of a PIA than something to congratulate someone on.

But that's just me thinking out loud.
I spent my life pulling people around by the nose, here, I'd only have a little brown on the end of my shoe. LOL

congrats.jpg
x.png
Untitled.png
:thumbsup::lol:

Congratulations Hawk!!!!
Enjoy the benefits- company car, executive washroom, stock options, etc.

The thinking out loud part.......
Now with a new corporate lead structure, can we finally get T shirts made? I know I'm risking being banned for violating community standards, but maybe just maybe....
And what about a more pronounced presence at the Carlisle tent? Maybe some more can coozies.......
It's been nice knowing all of you.
:lol:

Congratulations Hawk!!!!

Now with a new corporate lead structure, can we finally get T shirts made? I know I'm risking being banned for violating community standards, but maybe just maybe....
And what about a more pronounced presence at the Carlisle tent? Maybe some more can coozies.......
Paging @Joeychgo ..... @Joeychgo to the customer service kiosk, please. :rofl:

Congratulations Hawk!!!!

Here's an observation from the other side of the T shirt fence, the Mopar club I belong to sponsors a drag racing event every summer at the local track. We have event t shirts made yearly. What a royal pain in the AZZ they are. Artwork, ordering, pick up cases when they are done, storage of those cases, taking orders and keeping track of the members, addresses, an payments, Packaging, postage and mailing. Give it a try sometime and I bet you won't want to do it again. I bet Joey has got enough on his plate owning and managing 10 websites. He probably doesn't want to be in the t shirt business.

Wasn't that ape on the train at the end of Trading Places with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy ?
Is that meant to be me?!? :lol: I'm not that hairy though...

So, Hawk, As the Newly Appointed FBBO National Ambassador of Road Tripping... Is Joey gonna sponsor your next Coast 2 Coast Meet & Greet??? Congtats!!
Haha. I don't know. But there WILL be an east coast HawkRod Power Tour coming in the spring. I have to start small, but we'll see where it goes.
My cars will never be trailer queens!

Two new Staff members .....
Has the forum grown that much or are two others stepping aside ?
I am not aware of others stepping down. But I was asked to help out and keep FBBO the kind of forum that we can all be proud of.

While I do admire the job that our Board Lords do, it seems to me that becoming a moderator is more of a PIA than something to congratulate someone on.

But that's just me thinking out loud.
I take this on hoping I can do a good job of balancing letting folks have fun, enjoy the forum, and express their opinions while also keeping overly nasty and/ or vulgar stuff off of the regular threads. I'd want my teenage kid (if I still had one) able to safely go through the threads.
Yeah, there is no salary, no great benefits, etc. In my case it's done simply because this forum has helped me immensely, and I want to pay that forward.
I hope to do a balanced decent job - please feel free to provide me feedback on that.

Congratulations Hawk!!!!

See Mike's response above. I will certainly still push the tent, as I believe that has been, and will continue to be, a positive thing for FxBO. Like dealing with T-shirts, even organizing the tent is a bit of a thankless job, and every year I have put in my own money to sponsor it. With some donations, I am now breaking even (last year we even had a small surplus that will go into this year's food), but it still takes someone to be willing to spend the time and money. My reward is simply when the group has a good time, and I feel it is still gaining momentum. Now perhaps I can get a bit more participation from FABO, FEBO and FCBO. Time will tell...

Beyond that, I can make no other promises until I grow into doing this.

...I'd want my teenage kid (if I still had one) able to safely go through the threads....
This sentiment hits very close to home for me right now. I know some impressionable young folks who follow a few fun threads around here I recommended and one has even recently joined FBBO.

...this forum has helped me immensely, and I want to pay that forward.
Same, X2, ditto :thumbsup:

Excellent news. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll do a great job!

I'm all for keeping things positive in the forum.
(I have to restrain myself occassionally from being critical and a little mean)

I take this on hoping I can do a good job of balancing letting folks have fun, enjoy the forum, and express their opinions while also keeping overly nasty and/ or vulgar stuff off of the regular threads. I'd want my teenage kid (if I still had one) able to safely go through the threads.
Yeah, there is no salary, no great benefits, etc. In my case it's done simply because this forum has helped me immensely, and I want to pay that forward.
I hope to do a balanced decent job - please feel free to provide me feedback on that.
Very well said. :thumbsup:

That has been what we have been trying to do .....even though there has been some push-back over the years from certain people. :poke:

Here's an observation from the other side of the T shirt fence, the Mopar club I belong to sponsors a drag racing event every summer at the local track. We have event t shirts made yearly. What a royal pain in the AZZ they are. Artwork, ordering, pick up cases when they are done, storage of those cases, taking orders and keeping track of the members, addresses, an payments, Packaging, postage and mailing. Give it a try sometime and I bet you won't want to do it again. I bet Joey has got enough on his plate owning and managing 10 websites. He probably doesn't want to be in the t shirt business.

Shirts are a HUGE pain in the *** to do them right. Plus, the last few years there has been supply chain issues making them even harder.

Which is why most of the major suppliers of such offer the total package - receiving orders, payments, warehousing, shipping, the whole bit.

Shirts are a HUGE pain in the *** to do them right. Plus, the last few years there has been supply chain issues making them even harder.
Agreed, that's why I used to do hats for my business. One size fits all, and in person promotional purpose. You are correct, shipping, tracking would be a royal PIA. The can coozies were huge several years ago at Carlisle, I still get asked if I have any more.
Sorry if it ripped the bandaid off, I won't bring it up again.

Auto Transport Service
Back