• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connection to vacuum switch at 62 Plymouth

Schumi

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Dear experts,

I own a 1962 Plymouth Savoy, most recently I repaired the vacuum switch to my heater control. A test with an electric pump was successful. Unfortunately I found out that the vacuum supply line to the switch hangs open in the engine compartment and is not connected to anything (see pictures). Now the question arises where must the supply line be connected? I have checked the service manual but it's not mentioned.
Who can help?

BR
Schumi

Heater Switch Repaired.jpg Vacuum Supply.jpg

Manifold vacuum.I see you have power brakes check the port to see if it has a extra nipple.
Or possible a unused port off the base of the carb.
If not multiple nipple manifold plugs are easy to come by.
My 64 Poly Belvedere didn't have power brakes but had a single nipple in the manifold for the hose.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I already figured I would have to tap into the supply line from the brake booster. What about a check valve? The maintenance manual states that there is a check valve in the brake booster, but I need to get into the line before the valve.

No check valve needed for the heater vacuum hook up.
Yes brake boosters have the check valve where the rubber hose hooks up to the booster.

Now you need to go to the welcome wagon forum and send us the story and photos of your 62.
Was it a real Police Car ?

There is a tiny nipple next to the larger one for the brake booster, within the same fitting.

Here's a pic of my poly that shows the booster line but the small nipple is hidden.
Sorry, best pic on my phone.

20180802_192543.jpg

Now you need to go to the welcome wagon forum and send us the story and photos of your 62.
Hi Darter6,
no it wasn't a real police car. It has been rebuilt in 2010 and has been sold then in Las Vegas at an auction. Since 2015 the car is in Germany and I bought it 2018.
BR
Schumi

Auto Transport Service
Back