• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console and parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparCain

Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Anyone have all of the parts, console, shifter boots, shifter, linkage, etc to go from column shift to automatic floor shift for a 66 belvedere.

Ok, can anyone tell me what years will interchange, console, shifter mecanisim etc.

Not every piece is reproduced to do the conversion, but most are. But if you are looking to get used parts from a donor car, most every 66-70 B-body will work. There are some differences from year to year as far as top plates and shifter knobs, but the linkage and shifter are the same. The only different console would be from a '66 Charger. It is the full length style. The linkage that attaches to the trans might be a little different from 904 and 727 transmissions too, but I'm not positive. Hope this helps.

Justin
"CornDog"

Thanks for the reply Corndog, I am not concerned about matching numbers or anything like that, just trying to find a good usable console. I have the shifter and linkage now.

your floor shift column will need to come from a 66 only , as the 67 has the collapsible column.

My column has been changed out to a non column shift type.

The floor boot on a 66 is oblong and the 67 up are round, also the vertical torque shaft upper lever/bracket, upper rod and lower rod are also unique to the 66. 67 linkage pieces are different inc. the vertical torque shaft and 67 upper rod is one year only the lower rod is correct for 67 & 68 then 69 and 70 changed again. There are also differences in the shifter designs 66-68 are the same but 69 is one year by itself and so is 70 they are both different from 66-68 on a B-Body. A-Body shifters also changed from 70 and up and are different than the B-Body ones. Check your parts book this info i am stating is correct

Since you're not worried about what is correct and what isn't correct, your best bet is to pull everything off of ONE car. That way you will know all of the linkage will work with other parts.

Justin
"CornDog"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back