• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console - MTX to ATX conversion

A12Plus

Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Hey all, in the mist of doing a restoration of '69 SuperBee. As part of this restoration, I have a 4 speed top plate and want to know if its possible to convert it to an Automatic or if anyone has done so.

I have made some silicone molds for the 4spd cut out so I have an exact piece to make/model after.

I am also planning on replacing the stock ATX shifter with the B&M shifter below. Some fabrication needed. Any one execute such an endevor? I was thinking I need to make a new front top plate or modify one of the die cast alum stock versions. Suggestions?

MB540.JPG 1970-dodge-super-bee_centerconsole_ATX.jpg 81050.jpg topplate_mold_.jpg topplate_mold_2.jpg

The MT top plates are harder to come by. I'm sure you could get someone here to trade you straight up for an AT plate in similar condition.

I wonder if you couldn't use the 4 speed top and a shifter boot for a Pistol Grip. They have a rectangle opening that may fit your B&M shifter nicely

I have a auto top plate that I would love to trade out for a manual!

I would be happy to….. I get back in town Monday night if you can wait

Auto Transport Service
Back