• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console question

Roger63

Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
So I'm restoring the console in the 69 coronet and it didn't have carpet on it. My question is does the chrome trim cover the edge of the carpet? Or does it butt up to the edge of the chrome strip? The remnants of glue is there but no definitive line.
Thanks

So I'm restoring the console in the 69 coronet and it didn't have carpet on it. My question is does the chrome trim cover the edge of the carpet? Or does it butt up to the edge of the chrome strip? The remnants of glue is there but no definitive line.
Thanks
The carpet glues up to the middle of the clip holes. The trim then goes over the top of the carpet edge. As I remember the carpet is cut in such a way that it is pretty much self explanatory.

Agreed ^^^ it's also shown clearly in the FSM how it goes together. I know because I was looking for "how to" on the lower inland shifter boot today that's NOT in the FSM.... but the console carpet is there!

I did do some looking for info but really didn't find anything. Drivers side carpet fits perfectly as described above. Passenger side, not so much. Looks like it's gonna need some trimming. But thanks for the info.

I did do some looking for info but really didn't find anything. Drivers side carpet fits perfectly as described above. Passenger side, not so much. Looks like it's gonna need some trimming. But thanks for the info.
Before you cut anything you need to fit that console in place. That console has an erratic fit all the way around.

On the drivers side of the carpet, your gas pedal dictates where the carpet goes. The gas pedal bolts through the upper right corner of the heel pad to holes in the floor pan. You need to cut a square out of the heel pad, carpet and insulation to match the boss on the bottom of the gas pedal.

On the drivers side of the carpet, your gas pedal dictates where the carpet goes. The gas pedal bolts through the upper right corner of the heel pad to holes in the floor pan. You need to cut a square out of the heel pad, carpet and insulation to match the boss on the bottom of the gas pedal.
I do not recall having to do any cutting by the Go pedal.At least with an automatic. Maybe with the 4 speed hump.

Oops! I guess I misread the OP's post. Sorry. This has nothing to do with my 75 year old brain. Nothing at all. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back