• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Top Plate: 4 hole vs 5 hole?

Dibbons

Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
I would like to expand my knowledge on these top plates. I have a plastic factory A/T console (not original to vehicle) that accepts four fasteners and I have a factory top plate (3509153) that has five holes.

Has anyone determined what years/models use either the four hole or five hole editions? Thank you.

DSC06838.jpg

First I'd heard of this one. Is there a big difference in the locations?

The holes are the same except there is a fifth hole on some alongside the shifter (as in the photo I believe).

I've always seen that 70 has 4 holes and 71-4 has 5. Added the 5th hole by the shifter in 71.

Ha, I redid the top plate with contact vinyl and didn't use the 5th hole on mine. Other than the slight difference in color it came out great.
S4019817a.JPG

I've always seen that 70 has 4 holes and 71-4 has 5. Added the 5th hole by the shifter in 71.
Close this is just like the "70" Pot metal seat hinge covers on bucket seats that were carried well into the 71 model year. I have seen many 71 B & E bodies carry the 4 hole top plate in both Auto and 4 speed months into production...

Close this is just like the "70" Pot metal seat hinge covers on bucket seats that were carried well into the 71 model year. I have seen many 71 B & E bodies carry the 4 hole top plate in both Auto and 4 speed months into production...
Actually you are correct. 70E console top didn't have the ashtray and I've seen the 71 with the ashtray and 4-holes. Sometime early in the 71 production they decided to get rid of the rattle.

Auto Transport Service
Back