• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console

GTXMoparman

Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
What is the best thing to use to repair cracks on center console on a 68-70 B-Body?

This product worked the best for me. It is plastic weld, a two part epoxy product. I have used a couple different brands and both worked well. Make the bond on back side of the plastic. Clean the plastic very well before applying the plastic weld, I used lacquer thinner to clean it. Spread the weld wide across the crack.

-a4e9-6583828da163?quality=60&_mzcb=_1677685580029.jpg
-bffb-0e4443845766?quality=60&_mzcb=_1677685580029.jpg

I've been doing some repairs like that with regular jb weld and fiberglass drywall repair tape for reinforcement. Of course from the back where it's out of sight. Rough up and clean the surface, spread a layer of jb weld, lay down a strip of fiberglass tape across the crack and spread more jb weld over the top.

5cb4465f2b448.jpg

This product worked the best for me. It is plastic weld, a two part epoxy product. I have used a couple different brands and both worked well. Make the bond on back side of the plastic. Clean the plastic very well before applying the plastic weld, I used lacquer thinner to clean it. Spread the weld wide across the crack.

View attachment 1468367View attachment 1468368
Thank you!

I've been doing some repairs like that with regular jb weld and fiberglass drywall repair tape for reinforcement. Of course from the back where it's out of sight. Rough up and clean the surface, spread a layer of jb weld, lay down a strip of fiberglass tape across the crack and spread more jb weld over the top.

View attachment 1468377
Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back