• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Continuing the next generation

needforspeed 75

Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Good morning Mopar fans!

Thanks for allowing this site to exist! 30 years ago while going through a restoration on my first project '71 Demon; parts, information and connectivity was much more difficult to attain. Fast forward to today, and there is A LOT more info & support, sometimes for the worse, but mostly a vast improvement. My story is typical, selling the Demon to pay for a more economical driver and taking on other obligations in life, keeping me busy. I have jumped back into the hobby and ready to have fun.

I was raised in a Mopar family, and now have 2 kids that I am instilling the love of burning rubber and carburetor exhaust odor. We sold my wife's convertible Mustang because the kids didn't fit in the back seat anymore. We purchased a 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 convertible last year, and have been driving the heck out of it! I didn't realize how much I missed these cars. It's an original 318 car that the previous owner stuffed a 440/auto into. I wanted a driver, not a project. It's racked up 1800 miles in a year. We also have a 73 Dodge Charger 318/auto that my siblings and I drove in high school, that I uncovered from 25 years of storage. The Charger will get the kids to learn basic mechanical work and we will get it running as quickly as I can remove a metric ton of rat droppings. I am in hopes that my kids will enjoy these cars when they are driving in a few years.
My brother just received his 73 Road Runner back from body work, and we are starting the painting process. Dad still has his 69 Super Bee that he bought new, and that will be another project in the future.
Posted a few pics. You win a prize if you can find the Charger under all the storage items...
Looking forward to meeting and speaking with you.

PXL_20231021_155630724.jpg

PXL_20231221_140004388.MP.jpg

PXL_20240305_204006180.jpg

Good to see the love of Mopars passed to the next generation!

Welcome from Nebraska!

Welcome! You might want to check your age that you submitted in your profile. Or your dad holds the record for longevity. :)

Untitled-design-2-copy.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Alabama, spending time teaching your kids the basics will benefit them for life.

Welcome from another "bookend" (66/67 and 73/74) owner.

Welcome to FBBO from Savannah, Georgia

nice stash of cars ! sounds like you’ll be busy ! welcome to fbbo . check out the other f_ _o sites also , lots of good stuff !!!

Welcome from NJ. Looks like you have a backlog of projects to keep you and the family busy for many years! Good luck with all of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back