• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible Top Latch Hardware Pins & Springs

dart14

Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
1969 Coronet 500 convertible. The 2 convertible top latches that I have are in good shape. I need the 4 pins that hold the latch to the housing in the header panel. The pins are ribbed about half way and the pin measures about .194 in diameter around the ribs. The non ribbed diameter measures about .182. Can these be purchased anywhere or does someone know of good substitutes ? Also, it looks like there are two springs for each latch which I also need .
P1010203.JPG

PC230126.JPG

Wow, I've never looked at those pins. I think you'll have to make something if I understand correctly. Those little springs are not easy to find, but if you can definitely make some out of sprung wire if you have an example.

The latch/housing seems to be readily available in the resto market, averaging around $125 / pair. I am trying to keep my car original as possible so trying to reuse what I got if it is in good condition. Has anyone disassembled a retro latch ? Are they using the same type of knurled pin ? thanks

1969 Coronet 500 convertible. The 2 convertible top latches that I have are in good shape. I need the 4 pins that hold the latch to the housing in the header panel. The pins are ribbed about half way and the pin measures about .194 in diameter around the ribs. The non ribbed diameter measures about .182. Can these be purchased anywhere or does someone know of good substitutes ? Also, it looks like there are two springs for each latch which I also need .View attachment 1453347

View attachment 1453348
Those pins look specific to the latch and aren't a generic hardware store piece. Classic Industries has the complete latches listed. $115 a pair. I see the latches but no mention about the pins.

If you know anybody with a lathe, they can make them for you as long as they have the correct knurling tool, or find a machine shop, that route would most likely be expensive unless you found someone that just felt like being nice. However, then you still have to find a way to get them plated.

Put a WTB ad for whole latch them and say wanted for parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back