• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool pics

I remember squegeeing those pics. Remember the smell of the liquid? Almost as good as race gas. This is our culture and heritage. Thanks for sharing. We like e bodies too. Post away with no pics!

I see everyone here asking if you still have that car..your answer cracked me up.."no,we only had it 1 day"..thats some funny stuff right there.ha,ha.then I read the rest of the story..i understood..also,.being pinned at 140 and climbing..ya!!..cool memories..God Bless..Bear R.-

ForEBodiesOnly.com Got some pics of my 70 Cuda from back in the day. And stories too!! That Daytona is so cool.

Last edited:
Excellent story would be interesting to find out where the car is now

Awesome pics, and so the AAR was?????

:popcorn:

I was re-reading this, and the AAR story was about the same....Orange Cuda that was in the b/s, then got driven for a week to shake it down. It was an auto, but had no problem blazing the Polyglass Goodyears. My buddy was in the back seat when we were broad-siding it down a main road in town. No matter where we stopped, pops invariably ended up popping the hood and yacking with folks about the six-pack, etc. The Dodge store was a great place for a kid to grow up in....I remember Dick Landy putting on one of his clinics there, and the owner having him shut the cars down for fear of blowing out the large plate glass windows in the dealership and furniture store across the street. They were vibrating like crazy!

Again, thanks everyone for the comments. It's always fun to reminisce....

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh...the good old days....When you could tag and insure your 10-second car and do some street cruising on Saturday night, then bracket race it on Sunday. Great times!!

scan0002.jpg

What color was the Daytona? Was it a 4-speed? The wheel covers remind me of the one Brett Torino has that was on Graveyard Carz when they showed his collection. I don't remember if it had a black or white wing, but it was red with a Hemi and I think, a 4-speed.

Thanks for the stories!

The Daytona was orange, with an auto. The full wheel covers seem to be a bit of an oddity.

Thanks for the pics, great stuff. I to have a memory of going to the hospital in a 69 R/T at high speed.

Cool stuff! A friend of mine was the fleet director at a local Dodge store and he used to come over with all the hot rod stuff from GLHS Omnis (if you want to call it a hot rod but it wasn't too slow for a turbo 4 banger econo box!) to Vipers and most of them got 'tested' lol.

Just imagine going that fast on bias ply tires......SCARY!
How bout 140 on bias ply recaps!? Guilty! And that was over a several mile stretch but I've also had more failures with steel belted radials coming apart than anything else.

I wish I had pics of my dads Challenger Hemi R/T SE that I took my road test in. Lease car from Chrysler when my Dad was a stylist there. Ah memories.
Doug

What color was the Daytona? Was it a 4-speed? The wheel covers remind me of the one Brett Torino has that was on Graveyard Carz when they showed his collection. I don't remember if it had a black or white wing, but it was red with a Hemi and I think, a 4-speed.

Thanks for the stories!
The Daytona was orange, with an auto. The full wheel covers seem to be a bit of an oddity.
The standard wheel on a daytona was a 14", so with a 440 you had a choice of wheels. I know the hemi cars in 69 all came with 15s, and i think that as a result the wheel choices were two..... doggie dish, or one-of-a-kind, hemi only, full wheel covers. Those covers are MEGA rare and expensive now!

The standard wheel on a daytona was a 14", so with a 440 you had a choice of wheels. I know the hemi cars in 69 all came with 15s, and i think that as a result the wheel choices were two..... doggie dish, or one-of-a-kind, hemi only, full wheel covers. Those covers are MEGA rare and expensive now!

Technically, there was 3, to include the W23 Kelsey-Hayes "Recall wheels as well... But, we know how that ended...… My Hemi Charger 500 was coded for them, but was never delivered with them. They either were taken off at Creative Industries during the conversion or never left the factory with them...…

Auto Transport Service
Back