• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolant spill intake manifold

ozbie

Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
440 6 Barrel - a small pool on the edelbrock manifold. Can anyone tell me where this may have come from? Thanks

Pinhole in the overflow hose?? Radiator hose clamps losing some grip?? Check the dipstick, and pull the PCV look for moisture signs. Pull the radiator cap when cold, any vacuum or residual pressure. If not, that could be a sign.. A pic would probably help a bit... No ones going to be able to do much more than guess without a little more info. HTH, Lefty71

If it's on either side by the choke area or the opposite center, better run the car with the air cleaner off 'cause I'm guessing that's gas weeping from your float adjustment lock down screws, snug them up with a screwdriver.

Pinhole in the overflow hose?? Radiator hose clamps losing some grip?? Check the dipstick, and pull the PCV look for moisture signs. Pull the radiator cap when cold, any vacuum or residual pressure. If not, that could be a sign.. A pic would probably help a bit... No ones going to be able to do much more than guess without a little more info. HTH, Lefty71
I've since cleaned it up, It was definitely coolant...I'll keep monitoring and take a pic.

Well in the end it appears that the intake manifold was loose, in fact the bolts on the passenger side manifold were less than finger tight. I re-torqued the bolts and I notice that my idle lowered about 100rpm (vacuum leak?), so i readjusted to 800 and this car has never idled so good, in fact it got rid of the surging during cruising. I purchased this car last year and I'm continually exercising the demons, it's been a great journey though (I rebuilt the carbs, installed electronic ignition, installed replacement electronic fuel pump, replaced leaky gas tank, replaced rear axle seals, replaced leaky trans pan, I'm about to replace the old worn steering box, I completely rewired the dash and re-stickered the gauges, and the list I expect will go on).

Auto Transport Service
Back