• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba restoration blog!

Hellhoff

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I think this will come in handy for anyone with a Cordoba or other B-body from the mid 70's. My blog will contain a complete restoration with high definition pictures and information!

Be sure to check in once in a while and drop me a comment!

http://restoringcordoba.blogspot.com/

Thank you! Some stuff will ofcourse be very basic, but I figured I should do this as detailed as possible. I can't wait to continue, it sucks I caught a bad cold. Be sure to check it again soon for further updates!

I had planned on putting together a blog about my cars restification but the computer I had at the time crashed (no backup!) and I lost all the pictures (literally hundreds) I had. My then 67 year-old father flew out from Texas to help my son and I get the engine back in and fired for the first time in 2 years, so fortunately my mother had also taken pictures and sent me copies of what she had. Five years later those pictures have become more treasured as alzheimers continues to take dads memory.

My car is almost done but a site like this would have been nice at the time. I look forward to following your progress.

I had planned on putting together a blog about my cars restification but the computer I had at the time crashed (no backup!) and I lost all the pictures (literally hundreds) I had. My then 67 year-old father flew out from Texas to help my son and I get the engine back in and fired for the first time in 2 years, so fortunately my mother had also taken pictures and sent me copies of what she had. Five years later those pictures have become more treasured as alzheimers continues to take dads memory.

My car is almost done but a site like this would have been nice at the time. I look forward to following your progress.

I'm sorry about your father. Thank you for the appreciation. If any of the pictures you still have can be of help to me I would be very glad if you could upload them somewhere. And be sure to have backups of them!

One of the key goals I have with my blog is to keep it as detailed as possible. I'm considering if I should make an excel spreadsheet with information about what tools are needed for which bolt on which part as I go. :)

Great looking blog I will be following it for sure. I was planing on doing the same thing, but I never remember pictures til I have already completed the project I was working on.

And updated again this evening. :) I hope it's okay that I keep you informed on the blog updates in this forum thread.

So, it's been a long time I wrote on this forum. Project is steadily ongoing. Sometimes with months of inactivity, sometimes with activity several days in a row. Check it out again to follow the progress or get answers to questions you might have! Thanks!

http://restoringcordoba.blogspot.com/

Interesting project, just caught up with your blog now. We have a '76 and a '77 Doba, what are your plans for the motor (you probably discussed that already but I didnt get that far)?

Interesting project, just caught up with your blog now. We have a '76 and a '77 Doba, what are your plans for the motor (you probably discussed that already but I didnt get that far)?

My plan for the entire vehicle is basically to keep the appearance close to original and only alter things that then can easily be reversed. I want to add a bit extra torque and HP, but not overdo it. Let's face it, the Cordobas are not meant to be muscle cars and the muscle car era was pretty much over when they appeared - still I think it's a shame that the smog components suffocate the potential of these engines.

My current plan is to use the following core components for the engine:

* Edelbrock 1406 Performer Carburetor(600 CFM)
* Edelbrock 2186 Performer Intake Manifold
* Edelbrock 2192 Performer-Plus Cam and Lifter Kits
* KB240-030 - Keith Black KB Performance Pistons
* Hooker 5903-1HKR Hooker Competition Headers
* 70920BL - Davis Unified Ignition Dodge Tri-Power Distributors
* Hughes Performance Street Master Torque Converters 24-25(without lockup and with a 2,500 stall rpm)

You may notice I tend to keep using edelbrocks performer series rather than the "sharper" performer RPM and that I try to keep the CFM within reason just to achieve a sort of mild modification.

I think I might be able to achieve about 100 HP more and noticeable torque difference without any drastic machining on the engine. The original heads seem to flow quite fine so I think I'm going to keep them but that's still under consideration. :)

Hope this answers your questions. If you or anyone else would like to know anything else, or have feedback for that matter, please write. Preferably on the blog since I check it out more often then the forums, but forum is also okay.

Sounds like you have it figured out and it may become a muscle car! I cant see choking it off with all that stuff myself. I hope all this turns out like you want it.. This should sound awesome... Good luck with it!

Auto Transport Service
Back