• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba... Worth my time?

Is this the black cordoba you are talking about?Cordobas are fun.I have a blast every time I drive this.

That would be the one. If I could clone that out of this white one then Id be all over it.

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 383
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 382
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 400
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 383
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 380
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 377
There a really nice car and i think you can do a lot to one to make it better yet. If you like the car and it isint going to cost you a fortune to have it road ready id say keep it, You have to like the car is the biggest thing, you don't want to put a bunch of money into it unless you like it and it will benefit you and your family, or maybe family to be some day.. I cant buy every car i like but if i could one of these would be on my list, the interior looks comfortable and ive never been in one but bet it is to! Ive seen some super cool ones hear alone, that black one snakeyes put in there is a new one (to me), very cool looking ride.

Is that a Wheelskin on the steering wheel? I was considering buying one for my 77. The plastic is cracked around it in two places and I'd like to cover that up. Your's looks nice.

The body looks clean and straight, the work you have described wouldn't be too much to put it in good nick.

Here's the thing with the late B body cars. If you like it, do it. IF your on the fence, don't do it. As with any car, it is worth while to do if you like it. Worth be damned. With the exception of rear springs and how they get mounted up and the T-bars, all other earlier B body tricks apply. OH, and lock up converters are standard equipment on many cars of the time. A earlier trans may be a better option for high performance usage unless a purchase of a lock up converter for your application is OK to do.

You know, Cordobas..hell all the later B bodies are funny cars. I've never seen one that's not either a slam complete rust bucket, OR a pristine body with zero rust. I've never seen one in between. I say if it's got a soild body on it, go for it.

Well, I've decided to keep it, for now. Going to dynamat, new carpet, redo the door panels, new stereo and speakers and all of the mechanical. If I like it after 6 months, Ill build the 360 a bit, maybe a 408 stroker, going to do a clone of that punisher/// Call it "Project repunish" or something haha

Well, I've decided to keep it, for now. Going to dynamat, new carpet, redo the door panels, new stereo and speakers and all of the mechanical. If I like it after 6 months, Ill build the 360 a bit, maybe a 408 stroker, going to do a clone of that punisher/// Call it "Project repunish" or something haha

There are tons of parts available for these 360's so you should be able to do it relatively inexpensively if you take your time and source your parts from the for sale section, craigslist, etc.

If it were mine I'd probably stroke a 318 for it, keep the displacement under 360 and try to make something that gets decent fuel mileage and then daily drive it. But I am not a huge fan of the late 70's cars in the looks department...so I wouldn't probably invest in anything but mechanicals.

There are tons of parts available for these 360's so you should be able to do it relatively inexpensively if you take your time and source your parts from the for sale section, craigslist, etc.

If it were mine I'd probably stroke a 318 for it, keep the displacement under 360 and try to make something that gets decent fuel mileage and then daily drive it. But I am not a huge fan of the late 70's cars in the looks department...so I wouldn't probably invest in anything but mechanicals.

A stroked 318 will never get gas mileage. Ask me how I know.I sold a Dodge D100 with a stroked 318 got about 10mpg

A stroked 318 will never get gas mileage. Ask me how I know.I sold a Dodge D100 with a stroked 318 got about 10mpg

I would set a goal to prove you wrong if i had a bunch of spare cash. But I suspect you could build a slight stroke with a standard bore run a vac secondary carb and get decent mileage. Lots of it has to do with the load applied, how its tuned, how agressive the cam is and how its geared...if you build not with drag strip in mind and build for a fun street driver and economy you shouldn't see 10 mpg.

I would set a goal to prove you wrong if i had a bunch of spare cash. But I suspect you could build a slight stroke with a standard bore run a vac secondary carb and get decent mileage. Lots of it has to do with the load applied, how its tuned, how agressive the cam is and how its geared...if you build not with drag strip in mind and build for a fun street driver and economy you shouldn't see 10 mpg.

There is stroked or non stroke. But I am saying most strokers are very bad on gas.

Junk it. Take the cash and put it into a better car that your dad hasn't fixed.

Junk it. Take the cash and put it into a better car that your dad hasn't fixed.

If you are being a smart *** I love this comment. If you are not being a smart *** I'm totally neutral to it so no offense.

Hi James,
I bought mine in '97 for $200 cause it was clean, cheap, & different. It got put on the back burner for quite a while and I just got it done and out in 2010. I soaked alot of money in it but I love the way people look at it at shows & when I'm cruisin. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!!!

Hi James,
I bought mine in '97 for $200 cause it was clean, cheap, & different. It got put on the back burner for quite a while and I just got it done and out in 2010. I soaked alot of money in it but I love the way people look at it at shows & when I'm cruisin. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back