• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet R/T Headstamp

B Glover

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello gents - I've got a '67 Coronet R/T project car. Original R/T car, with a 440-4 bbl and 727 trans. I'm trying to determine if the engine is original. I found the following numbers stamped on the heads, which I can't identify. Looks to be 3462 46? Any ideas? Thanks!

Coronet RT Headstamp.JPG

Heads won't give you the info your looking for. Need to get under the car and check the casting #'s and look for the shipping order number stamped on the side of the block just above the oil pan. 67 R/T 440's should have 915 heads...which are the last 3 numbers of the casting numbers.

Thanks for the reply - was tracking these should be 915 heads as well. So this is the only numbers I could see with the rockers on - these would be incorrect heads then?

The boss to the right of the distributor should have “C440” stamped in the upper left corner, “HP” or “HP2” stamped in the lower right and a month-day date (Like 11 12 for November 12th) stamped elsewhere that leads the car build date by 1-30 days.

Casting number should be 2536430. Casting date should lead the car build by 1 month to 1 year. No serial numbers in ‘67.

Those heads are 1972 ish heads. You have to do as Nate S described above, to check the block for correctness.

Thanks for the reply - was tracking these should be 915 heads as well. So this is the only numbers I could see with the rockers on - these would be incorrect heads then?

Look more closely, there should be a 7 digit number up there somewhere. Are there freeze plugs in the end of the heads?

Heads won't give you the info your looking for. Need to get under the car and check the casting #'s and look for the shipping order number stamped on the side of the block just above the oil pan. 67 R/T 440's should have 915 heads...which are the last 3 numbers of the casting numbers.

No pan rail numbers in 67. The front pad should have C440 a engine build date and HP. Cast date on the block can be 1 to 3 months before the engine build date. The heads as indicated on a previous post should be 915 and stamped HP on the firewall end.

Heres what I know about 67 closed chambered heads. factory HP castings have a large HP stamped into the flat part that accessories bolt to. Small valve 915s do not. Over the counter 915 heads have a 440-X or a 440 HP stamped under the manifold runner. Also large valve 915 heads normally have an "L" cast underneath, small valve 915s have a "K" and over the counter heads have nothing.

67 heads.jpg DSC00152.JPG DSC00155.JPG 100_3135.JPG 7 july 2016 915 Mopar 440 head numbers 005.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back