• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct starter

There is also the option of hooker headers, I've used a set of 1 7/8" ceramic coated comps for years with several different B/RB motors. Needed massaging with raised block and trick flow heads near the passenger torsion bar, but otherwise they are good quality and acceptable fit. The coating still looks good 15 years later. Spark plugs are not terrible even with angled plug heads using the right tools. TTI reputation comes from the fitment of their headers and I'm sure their 1 7/8" would save you a lot of grief in the future just from spark plug changes and engine installations over the years.

On my 70 RR I installed TTI 2" headers(440-200) and Powermaster starter(Mastertorque 9613) a few years back.
Passenger side header slipped rite in, driver side header had to rotate it pass the steering box but everything cleared
without having to dent the header pipes. No reported problems.. I do recall TTI staff commenting that before installing be sure
and validate the motor mounts are in good shape.

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

On my 70 RR I installed TTI 2" headers(440-200) and Powermaster starter(Mastertorque 9613) a few years back.
Passenger side header slipped rite in, driver side header had to rotate it pass the steering box but everything cleared
without having to dent the header pipes. No reported problems.. I do recall TTI staff commenting that before installing be sure
and validate the motor mounts are in good shape.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately the clown who built my Super Bee put on TTI 2 1/8 step headers which per TTI's website are not a suitable matched/compatible to 440 Source Stealth heads. TTI recommends the RobbMc mini starter with their headers however state will fit "most" installations". The builder installed a Generation 1 RobbMc which was discontinued in 2011 and replaced with their Generation 2 which has slightly different dimensions. The Gen 1 RobbMc was taken into a local parts supplier and matched side by side with a Mopar 2005 - 08 Ram 1500 with 5.7 V8 meant for a manual transmission where that particular Mopar starter matched up the closest to the Gen 1 RobbMc so was ordered from Eastern Canada. Have been calling around to try and find out how many horsepower and the gear reduction ratio this Ram starter has with no success.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately the clown who built my Super Bee put on TTI 2 1/8 step headers which per TTI's website are not a suitable matched/compatible to 440 Source Stealth heads. TTI recommends the RobbMc mini starter with their headers however state will fit "most" installations". The builder installed a Generation 1 RobbMc which was discontinued in 2011 and replaced with their Generation 2 which has slightly different dimensions. The Gen 1 RobbMc was taken into a local parts supplier and matched side by side with a Mopar 2005 - 08 Ram 1500 with 5.7 V8 meant for a manual transmission where that particular Mopar starter matched up the closest to the Gen 1 RobbMc so was ordered from Eastern Canada. Have been calling around to try and find out how many horsepower and the gear reduction ratio this Ram starter has with no success.
Wow... Can't comment much about your situation but back a few years I did my build step by step..
The 1st engine parts I bought beside rebuilding/upgrading my original numbers matching block was to talk with TTI, on other past owned vehicles I had gone through the hassle of fitting various brand headers reshaping and bending to get them to fit. I didn't want to repeat that situation, after finishing the engine build I did buy the TTIs' and went searching for a starter. I knew about the Nippon mini-starters but wanted something that was reliable and fit well, so I bought the PowerMaster and assembled things together. I did have to make an extended length battery positive cable to the starter to get adequate clearance. The only issue I did have was for the TTI headers, the ceramic coating started to lift. Again talked with TTI(Sam, owner) and they admitted about the problem, since I was local I took the headers back. Frankly I don't know if the recoated my originals or simply swapped them for a new set, but to my eyes they looked like a brand new set...

Auto Transport Service
Back