• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost to ship a bumper

Sam69sat

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Anyone shipped a bumper before or recently? I'm looking at buying a rear bumper and would like to get an idea of shipping costs. Would be bought from a private party so probably shipped usps or ups and going about 2/3 across the country. Thanks

I just returned a set of bumper guards back to Canada, and it cost me more than $60. Look at various sources. You might also try Greyhound. However, be prepared, shipping prices have gone NUTS.

Last edited:
UPS and FedEx have online calculators as well as USPS.

Yes, for bulky items, Greyhound ships reasonable but slow, since your bumper may be removed from a bus to fit luggage, then placed back on another bus.
I had a large front grill shipped across the country. Was not expensive at all. But was held over a few days in St Louis.
Best to arrange drop off and pick up from Greyhound bus depots and go pick it up when they contact you.
If your far from a decent sized Greyhound facility, then you have the travel to get to it.

-Also, Fastenal ships quicker, anything bulky like engines, trans, bumpers, body panels... but only if it can be secured to a pallet. If it's too large and can't be secured to a wooden pallet, they don't ship that, because they need to be able to fork lift pallets around. (via Blue Lane Freight).
Check them out.

Last edited:
Make sure to take three boards to jam the end "horns" in place and a center brace all screwed together, so when they drop it they don't bend the ends in !
1964dodge440part4 008.JPG
1964dodge440part4 009.JPG
1964dodge440part4 013.JPG

1964dodge440part4 021.JPG

That's a good idea but the OP has to motivate the seller to package the bumper before its shipped.

That's a good idea but the OP has to motivate the seller to package the bumper before its shipped.

Yeah, i'm starting to think i need to just keep looking closer to home. Sounds like it's going to be a pain and expensive.

I waited for 2 years for bumpers, finally found 2 really nice ones in West Virginia.
I drove to get them.
Only because I happened to have the time. 500 miles 1 way.
But that' was before these knuckleheads took over the Whitehouse and gas was affordable.

Last edited:
I had mine shipped back after plating, from Tenn to WNY. Cost was about $50/ea. I'm Sure prices have gone up...

A fellow member here GAVE me a rear bumper for my 73 that needed rechroming. He was on the west coast and shipping to me on the east coast was a little over a $100 bucks. Cost me $500 to rechrome. I could have bought an AMD repop and had it shipped for $450 at the time....but I wanted original. My rechromer was almost a two hour drive away and took him four months to get back. My previous rechromer had six of my bumpers for over 10 months and was not able to get them done, I went and got them and found the latter guy. Just factors to weigh in if repops are available for your project.

There is fastenal also. I shipped a fender this summer drop shipped on a truck cost me 250, guy i bought it from did an awsome job of taking as much stupid out of the equation on the the shippers part. I dont have a picture handy. But i was impressed and that's not easy.

Long ago I got about 100 NOS
C body bumpers from a closed Chrysler parts depot. I have sold about 20 of them on FCBO.
It’s been about a year since I’ve sent out a bumper. 2/3rds cross country started at no less than $150 with fedex. The bigger bumpers were around $225.
I would expect smaller B body bumpers to be less. I’ve heard shipping prices have skyrocketed since I have last shipped.
9F8D5970-4602-422F-9449-F1B2A7E71688.jpeg
04FEAF0F-1579-4918-B1E0-06A1D64270E9.jpeg
09ADD4A1-0138-40AF-A62F-B69057E55CBB.jpeg
D0CA2F62-1C78-41B5-A63A-859260D30E01.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back