• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigs List $8,500 1972 Clone (not mine)

Dibbons

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Could be a starting point.
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/dallas-1972-roadrunner-clone-runs-and/7433169664.html

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.02.10 AM.png

Not bad ! A little rough around the edges but a good driver quality start.

That has been 4 sale for a while now. At least 5 months, I don't know if there is something wrong with it or if it's a scam as I have seen it on 3 different sites.

Looks okay, too bad it wasn't a Sebring or whatever got you a rally dash in 72.

I think it might be real. It needs to be rewired though, it looks all hacked up. I have a spare 440 and 727 I could drop in that car. Wish I wasn't overseas and it was closer.

That is a decent car and price,
Another 8 to 9 k in it and your in a nice B body under 20,000.
Hell order a set of chrome bumpers, find a nice used set of mopar road wheels. Spend 1,500 on the interior, ect ect.

a roadrunner clone with absolutely no roadrunner parts on it...except a stripe.
a repaint of typical scary fashion.
{ im thinking the quickie repaint would be enough to scare off most buyers with common sense. }
a lovely engine bay repaint in chevy black....
a basic satellite 318 car....that leaks fluids and runs good and stops good with its drum brakes..
also noting Specific words being used ,like floors and frame good,but deffo doesnt mention areas that do need repairs.
that could be anything from mere touchups to the roof being rotted to death.
this is one youd be best off seeing in person Before you spend the cash....

I bet if a fella were to wave $5k cash money under the sellers' nose in person, he'd own that car...

a roadrunner clone with absolutely no roadrunner parts on it...except a stripe.
a repaint of typical scary fashion.
{ im thinking the quickie repaint would be enough to scare off most buyers with common sense. }
a lovely engine bay repaint in chevy black....
a basic satellite 318 car....that leaks fluids and runs good and stops good with its drum brakes..
also noting Specific words being used ,like floors and frame good,but deffo doesnt mention areas that do need repairs.
that could be anything from mere touchups to the roof being rotted to death.
this is one youd be best off seeing in person Before you spend the cash....

I worked at a custom shop, cant tell you how many auction cars drove through the doors with fresh paint hiding some hideous work. Fresh paint scares me

For sure always inspect in person,
After what we see most times on here for over priced project cars.....
To me this one was not out of line. Roll up the windows and throw a cat at it chances are it will not land inside. :D

That car was for sale for $18,500,the $8500 is probably a scam using the same pictures from the other ad.

That is a decent car and price,
Another 8 to 9 k in it and your in a nice B body under 20,000.
Hell order a set of chrome bumpers, find a nice used set of mopar road wheels. Spend 1,500 on the interior, ect ect.
if,whomever buys this could keep themselves from big blocking the car,maybe 360 magnum it and finish it

then yes,they Might could make a decent clone smallblock rr car,at Minimal costs.

but not a big block roadrunner clone,
theres a Lot of money still to spend to make that a BB clone.
thousands ~ like that 8-9k might get the suspension and engine/trans done,but.....
theres still a lot to go.from the front to the back of the car.

so,its my opinion,
if they buy it with delusions of big blocking it and cloning it correctly,then all they bought was a body shell,an Overpriced one at that.
because Everything on the car is light duty,and the rearend is more than likely a 8-1/4,along with those fabulous drum brakes on the front,
which is Fairly unusual,cause most had discs on the front by 72.....??
and,who knows whats going on under the roof? windshield pillars,etc etc and is hidden under that cheesy paint.

if,whomever buys this could keep themselves from big blocking the car,maybe 360 magnum it and finish it

then yes,they Might could make a decent clone smallblock rr car,at Minimal costs.

but not a big block roadrunner clone,
theres a Lot of money still to spend to make that a BB clone.
thousands ~ like that 8-9k might get the suspension and engine/trans done,but.....
theres still a lot to go.from the front to the back of the car.

so,its my opinion,
if they buy it with delusions of big blocking it and cloning it correctly,then all they bought was a body shell,an Overpriced one at that.
because Everything on the car is light duty,and the rearend is more than likely a 8-1/4,along with those fabulous drum brakes on the front,
which is Fairly unusual,cause most had discs on the front by 72.....??
and,who knows whats going on under the roof? windshield pillars,etc etc and is hidden under that cheesy paint.
Yep, 340/360 & hope for 8.75.
Yes that paint is killing me also.

well there deffo isnt 18,500 worth of car there.
guys reaching for a new or non mopar sucker then,for that kinda loot.

I agree,but I was down in Texas last fall,looking for a solid Mopar to bring back to the rustbelt because we had a spot empty in the trailer coming home. That car was advertised for $18,500 when I was shopping for a car. I seriously doubt the guy came down on his price ten grand! I'm guessing the current ad is a scam. The car looked like it was tarred and feathered at the local Maaco in the pictures. I passed on even going to look at the car.

20211212_115100.jpg
I think it might be real. It needs to be rewired though, it looks all hacked up. I have a spare 440 and 727 I could drop in that car. Wish I wasn't overseas and it was closer.

I have one for sale right in Massachusetts, solid Texas car!

Last edited:
If you want one,I have one for sale on here now. Its a solid Texas car.
I've seen it in the for sale section.
Looks like a another solid project car.
I have always liked the 71/72 RR, Gtxs.
Right now we have 2 brand X cars going through the shop. But thanks for the heads up it is a nice one from the looks of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back