• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross ram/long ram/ whatever ram

BRYAN IRICK

Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
So I bought some long rams a while back to put in the 33 sedan rat rod. They're on a '73 440 rv motor. I can build all the linkages and fuel lines and even the center equalizer tube. The problem is I need the cast piece located between the runner pairs as a block off for the exhaust heat riser ports. See picture A and C. Too bad I cant read that part # . Mine and every single one I've seen photos of are missing those pieces. Years of google sesrches and have never reavesled these pieces off the engine. Even the so called complete set up for sale in photo D, they are missing. I've thrown together every word combination and description I can think of to luck out on google but to no avail. If you look at photo C, you will notice the inside edges of the center runners have only half of a bolt hole. I've seen these on vehicles and they have a larger dished oval washer for these areas to cover the joint. Just wish I could find a set or just one to get dimensions from. Any info would be great

Screenshot_20230720_124915_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230720_094411_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230720_120939_Chrome.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
chryslercrossram-01-700.jpg

get a piece of aluminum stock the same thickness as the half bolt hole? Set it and forget it?

Yep. Get some 5/16 or 3/8 thick 1x1 1/2 aluminum angle, and make em yourself.
And those are the long version of the long ram, as opposed to the short long ram, or the maxwedge cross ram.
(Port divider full length, the short long ram has the divider only about half way from the head to the carb.)

Yep. Get some 5/16 or 3/8 thick 1x1 1/2 aluminum angle, and make em yourself.
And those are the long version of the long ram, as opposed to the short long ram, or the maxwedge cross ram.
(Port divider full length, the short long ram has the divider only about half way from the head to the carb.)
Yep I knew they were the longs. That rusty rat sedan in the pics has an f350 dually axle with adapters and super singles so Im after low end power. Trying to get low rpms at 70mph through tires and gears and no weight which equal better mpg. ;) Im am currently trying to find gears for that sterling axle that are near 3.50 to go with that 40" tire. That would put me near 1700 @ 70

putting a set of the long runner rams on a 60 rb 383 for a hotrod project a 37 dodge pu .

DSC00162.JPG

DSC08169.JPG

yep peek torque at 2800rpm with the 28'' long rams , the later ones that had less divided runners at 14'' ran up the rpm and where a better torque ban . but the inline twin fours was the highest peek torque . here is a weiand offering and an offy , and a irom factory one . note the heat raiser on the offy , doing nothing .

DSC03993.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00955.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back